Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Indiana Hires Georgia DB coach Charlton Warren as DC

My brother in law graduated from Law School at Georgia and is a lifelong fan.  I asked him about Warren.

He told me he brought a lot of talent into their secondary, but Kirby and Lanning are such great defensive coaches that he has no idea how good of a Coordinator he will be.  He's confident he'll bring the talent at least.

So I'd have to believe Warren will recruit talent and is probably looking to make a name for himself as a defensive coach.

If my brother in law is to be trusted that is.

45 minutes ago, Josh said:

My brother in law graduated from Law School at Georgia and is a lifelong fan.  I asked him about Warren.

He told me he brought a lot of talent into their secondary, but Kirby and Lanning are such great defensive coaches that he has no idea how good of a Coordinator he will be.  He's confident he'll bring the talent at least.

So I'd have to believe Warren will recruit talent and is probably looking to make a name for himself as a defensive coach.

Talent + Tom Allen’s scheme = cookin’ with gas

1 hour ago, Josh said:

He’s an Air Force Academy graduate with a ton of experience so I’m excited to see what he can bring from an intellect and motivation perspective. Seems like a guy who will only add to the LEO brand and has the resume high school kids and their families will really respect. 

13 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

He’s an Air Force Academy graduate with a ton of experience so I’m excited to see what he can bring from an intellect and motivation perspective. Seems like a guy who will only add to the LEO brand and has the resume high school kids and their families will really respect. 

This.  I read an article yesterday, I believe from the Herald Times?, that mentioned Coach Warren's nickname when he played at the Academy was Mr. Intensity.  Does this sound like anyone anyone else we know on the staff ; )

Net, I can't speak to the man's defensive play-calling acumen, but he (1) comes from an organization with strong values and (2) has a strong pedigree of recruiting excellence.  If nothing else, I trust CTA on that side of the ball to make it work.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Josh said:

Just from my personal experience, I tend to trust brother-in-law's slightly more than sister-in-law's.

Interesting contract notes. We're paying him the same amount that Wommack is getting paid for this new gig at South Alabama. I'm sure the opportunity to be a head coach was going to win out, but I wonder if we had any discussions with Wommack about paying him....$800K? $900K? to stick around? If we were willing to pay a new DC $700K, were we willing to offer Wommack more to have at least another year of continuity knowing how much we had returning on D? 

This is not a knock on the new DC. He seems like a great hire. Just interesting. 

He’s a winner,” Calhoun said. “As a human being, as a football coach. And he was the same way when he went to school here at the Academy. He was a leader of leaders.”