Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

It's not hate.  I'm sure last year's Oscar winning foreign flick was a great movie, just not sure I'd be entertained watching it.

I totally understand. The possibility of winning three B1G titles in four years is not at all an entertaining prospect. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

USC just made a prayer 3 to beat UCLA for a sweep of their season series. Say that 1 more time, Enfield just swept his rival.

Too bad his team is a first round exit. 

Boring name. At least Fife has potential and would be cheaper. Plus he knows the B1G. 

WAIT A DARN MINUTE. 

Hasnt UCLA been in our shoes before with hiring a coach at a historic program? It hasn’t been in their favor in years.

We need a case study on their hires and do the complete opposite of them. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I totally understand. The possibility of winning three B1G titles in four years is not at all an entertaining prospect. 

He’s already said no and his family wasn’t happy with the way his sisters tenure ended at IU so I think there’s even less a chance he comes than Stevens. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Boring name. At least Fife has potential and would be cheaper. Plus he knows the B1G. 

Simple question for you:  how many times has Enfield's team been a first round exit in the tourney?

Hint:  it's less than two.

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

He’s already said no and his family wasn’t happy with the way his sisters tenure ended at IU so I think there’s even less a chance he comes than Stevens. 

I know that. That's why I wrote there wasn't a snowball's chance he's coming here ... 

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Mack got schooled by Tony Bennett today -- third ACC regular-season title in the past four years for U.Va. 

Damn, that's boring. 

(P.S. -- I know there ain't a snowball's chance of Bennett coming here, but I still don't get the hate on here for him. IMO, if he's not the best in the biz, he's top 5). 

id be over the moon, as would many others. I think some get ptsd from someone who has a similar philosophy as CAM. Bennett is head and shoulders better than most coaches, let alone Archie Miller. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

WAIT A DARN MINUTE. 

Hasnt UCLA been in our shoes before with hiring a coach at a historic program? It hasn’t been in their favor in years.

We need a case study on their hires and do the complete opposite of them. 

Well, they hired Steve Alford.  What's the opposite of Steve Alford? 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

id be over the moon, as would many others. I think some get ptsd from someone who has a similar philosophy as CAM. Bennett is head and shoulders better than most coaches, let alone Archie Miller. 

Oh, he absolutely is as good as anybody.  I also think there is zero chance he'd come here.  So if I want a dream scenario where we can have anybody, I want a guy with huge success and a style I like to watch.  

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Not saying he’s the guy, though boring means nothing to me. Just saying he beat the guy ya gotta beat. If Miller had beaten Painter twice and lost 2 other games this year he’d be here next year.

And Fife is not for me a remotely serious candidate. But the fun of msg boards is we can all think what we think with no accountability of any kind.