Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield is far and away the front runner for this year's PAC 12 Coach of the Year.

He has been successful both places he's been, and neither has been historically any good at basketball.

He may be thinking he's hit his ceiling at a West Coast football school.

his biggest "foe" at USC is fan apathy (most are WAY more concerned about Helton than the BB program); he'd have, if anything, the opposite issue in Bloomington

not sure how good a recruiter he himself is, but his offensive style would definitely be more attractive to recruits than Archie's

suspect his defenses wouldn't be as good as Archie's, but decent defense the past 4 years hasn't accomplished much without shooters

I'd probably be lukewarm at best w/ an Enfield hire, but FWIW I suspect his personality might go over better in B-town than Archie's and, if Dolson DOES intend to make a move now, Enfield might be doable financially

kinda hard to believe that's where this program is now, but......

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Bloomington is plenty close to family. I think the primary reason Mack could get interested is because he knows way more than us about UL and the NCAA. Not saying that's the cae, but it's certainly possible.

The other reason he could be interested is to drive up his own price to stay at UL.

I’d be interested if the opponent 3Pt% and 3Pt rate were low enough. Those have been the weaknesses of Archie’s packline. Well, one weakness

53 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Let me reiterate the next coach must recruit immediately. Assuming TJD leaves not much let on this roster to be excited about.

James Franklin at PSU only hires assistants with hot wives bc that means they can recruit. I’d say Enfield can recruit. Lol

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’ve heard that Chris Mack has told IU he would listen. Anyone interested?

4 years ago I said no.  I did not like that Xavier team that fought Cincinnati and threatened to "zip them up".  Now?  Sure.  It seems like just one incident rather than a pattern.  It seems like he'd take a pay cut to avoid the hammer that's coming to U of 6.

Plus screw Louisville.  

21 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm similarly confounded with the 1st(or 2nd) Drew. If I assume one of them is Scott, is the other Drew Bryce? Homer? A coach with the first name Drew? Or is that short for Andrew? 

The second Drew is Matt’s good buddy. We’re hiring 2 guys. Matt and Drew. That’s the only thing we know about them.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Lots of models like the peace and quiet of Bloomington. Ask Mellencamp

I'll ask him when he gets back.  He's currently trying to teach the fans for Farm Aid 36 that when they stream the event this year, the stream isn't the  crick out back.

Mack got schooled by Tony Bennett today -- in Louisville. Third ACC regular-season title in the past four years for U.Va. 

Damn, that's boring. 

(P.S. -- I know there ain't a snowball's chance of Bennett coming here, but I still don't get the hate on here for him. IMO, if he's not the best in the biz, he's top 5). 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

You hear people say X coach doesn’t want to coach in a fishbowl.   Wouldn’t have to worry about that with Mack.  His personality is perfect for a pressure cooker job 

I have a friend who actually played for Chris.

We’ll have to put up with the pack line defense but I know for a fact we’ll get amazing results. 

If Chris Mack is interested, he needs to be the main target. Behind our lord and savior, Brad Stevens

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Mack got schooled by Tony Bennett today -- third ACC regular-season title in the past four years for U.Va. 

Damn, that's boring. 

(P.S. -- I know there ain't a snowball's chance of Bennett coming here, but I still don't get the hate on here for him. IMO, if he's not the best in the biz, he's top 5). 

It's not hate.  I'm sure last year's Oscar winning foreign flick was a great movie, just not sure I'd be entertained watching it.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

4 years ago I said no.  I did not like that Xavier team that fought Cincinnati and threatened to "zip them up".  Now?  Sure.  It seems like just one incident rather than a pattern.  It seems like he'd take a pay cut to avoid the hammer that's coming to U of 6.

Plus screw Louisville.  

And in fairness to Mack on top of that, Xavier/Cincy is legitimately one of the most truly hate-filled rivalries in sports. We like to joke about hating Purdue, but those people seriously hate each other.