Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

51 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’d be 52 at the start of next season. The age itself isn’t really the issue for me. I’d be perfectly fine hiring a coach in his 50s. It’s his age combined with his meh resume. If we’re hiring a coach in his 50s then I want someone with some success under his belt. I want a guy with some deep tournament runs. I want a guy who has won his conference. I don’t want a 52 year old coach who has made it past the second round once. I’m pretty underwhelmed by Alford’s resume but it looks pretty good when you compare it to Enfield’s.  add in the fact that he’s an IU legend who played for Coach Knight and he’d be a much better pick, imo.

Hate to break it to you.  As far as we have fallen, you ain't getting that guy.  IU needs to rebuild it's entire b-ball foundation.  Get a level of sustained sucess, before it can become elite again.  Once the announcers can no longer say "IU hasn't beaten Purdue since 2016" we'll have more luck rebuilding.  We have fallen so far, we may never get back up.  

IDK, Enfield made some runs with lower level programs and is a current D1 head coach.  Fife is what, 15 years out of head coaching?  

He made 1 run. To the sweet 16. He only coached one Other year at the lower level program and he had a losing record. He then took over USC. And has been mediocre.

Fife is 10 years removed. So yes quite a bit of time ago

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’ve heard that Chris Mack has told IU he would listen. Anyone interested?

YES! 

But...more packline?!? (I actually like the packline in principle)

Also--he may want to listen because he thinks UL is about to get scorched by the NCAA, but he currently makes $4million/per, and his buyout is $4million after this year.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

YES! 

But...more packline?!? (I actually like the packline in principle)

Also--he may want to listen because he thinks UL is about to get scorched by the NCAA, but he currently makes $4million/per, and his buyout is $4million after this year.

Can live with the packline defense.  It's the punchline offense we need to get rid off.

1 minute ago, IUCane said:

Thought he viewed Louisville as his dream school because wife was from there and she wanted to go back home?

Bloomington is plenty close to family. I think the primary reason Mack could get interested is because he knows way more than us about UL and the NCAA. Not saying that's the cae, but it's certainly possible.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield is far and away the front runner for this year's PAC 12 Coach of the Year.

He has been successful both places he's been, and neither has been historically any good at basketball.

He may be thinking he's hit his ceiling at a West Coast football school.

But how do you tell your ex-model wife that you want to leave Los Angeles for Bloomington, Indiana?

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Ricky or Earl Calloway?

Ricky has championship experience and Earl could bring DJ White back (doesn't he have a year of eligibility left?)

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’ve heard that Chris Mack has told IU he would listen. Anyone interested?

Was Mack interested or inquired about 4 years ago? If not, I think its a ploy to get an extension and a raise.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

But how do you tell your ex-model wife that you want to leave Los Angeles for Bloomington, Indiana?

lol.  His wife is a now a 44 year old with a few little kids who is from a suburb of Oklahoma City. Bloomington might have real appeal compared to L.A.