Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That FGCU vs Georgetown game in 2013 is one of my favorite games of all time. Dunk City was known after that. Super fun team to watch. Whooped up on Otto Porters Georgetown team and Jamal Franklin's San Diego State team. 

same here; that was one of the more enjoyable (NBA-style) offenses and teams in recent NCAA memory IMO

hasn't set the world on fire at USC, but FWIW Southern Cal is 1) still a football school in 2) a shaky part of LA with 3) mediocre facilities

I do suspect, if nothing else, Enfield's offense would be easier to recruit blue-chip players for than Archie's offense (whatever that actually is at this point)--not sure they'd play good enough defense to consistently challenge for B1G 10 titles or deep tournament runs, but I could see Enfield's teams being AT LEAST as successful as Miller's IU teams have been to date, and a good deal more entertaining to watch

Edited by Magisterium

55 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Nobody will be happy unless IU hires Brad Stevens. Hard to believe Enfield is going to excite anyone.

There are coaches not named Stevens I'd be fine with, but Enfield is about as meh as a hire can get.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’d be 52 at the start of next season. The age itself isn’t really the issue for me. I’d be perfectly fine hiring a coach in his 50s. It’s his age combined with his meh resume. If we’re hiring a coach in his 50s then I want someone with some success under his belt. I want a guy with some deep tournament runs. I want a guy who has won his conference. I don’t want a 52 year old coach who has made it past the second round once. I’m pretty underwhelmed by Alford’s resume but it looks pretty good when you compare it to Enfield’s.  add in the fact that he’s an IU legend who played for Coach Knight and he’d be a much better pick, imo.

Would you like Matta better?

Just now, Chris007 said:

Matt, Beilein, Drew, Fife, Enfield, Drew? Who do you go with?

A lot of IFs when I answer this. 

Need to know if Matta or Beilein can give us a good 7-10 years. If so they may be at the top. Then I would go with Scott Drew followed by Fife. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Matt, Beilein, Drew, Fife, Enfield, Drew? Who do you go with?

Give me Drew out of those. Young enough that he could be here 20 years. I think the last two years are what he’ll be like going forward so I’d have the most faith in him giving us a shot at a title.

Edited by Unexpectedflash

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

If your going to go with Enfield you may as well go with fife. Both are no guarantees but fife seems like a safer gamble imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IDK, Enfield made some runs with lower level programs and is a current D1 head coach.  Fife is what, 15 years out of head coaching?  

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Give me Matt. B/c I don’t know who Matt is, and hiring someone that nobody knows might be the most exciting hire we can make!

I'm similarly confounded with the 1st(or 2nd) Drew. If I assume one of them is Scott, is the other Drew Bryce? Homer? A coach with the first name Drew? Or is that short for Andrew? 

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm similarly confounded with the 1st(or 2nd) Drew. If I assume one of them is Scott, is the other Drew Bryce? Homer? A coach with the first name Drew? Or is that short for Andrew? 

Andrew Dakich with ‘Daddy Dan the Right Hand Man™️’ on the bench?

57 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Let me reiterate the next coach must recruit immediately. Assuming TJD leaves not much let on this roster to be excited about.

I think Race, Geronimo, Lander, Hunter and Galloway could be a solid team with the right coach and more pieces coming in

Edit:  add Franklin, not sure how I forgot about him

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Andrew Luck needs a job.  But can he teach shooting?

IDK, Enfield made some runs with lower level programs and is a current D1 head coach.  Fife is what, 15 years out of head coaching?  
Yea fife is probably one of two ways. Ready and will do good or not ready and fail miserably

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk