Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What about this is appealing to you? He’s been at a P5 school since 2013 and has made two tournaments and won 1 tournament game. You think he’s gonna be the one to get us competing for conference titles and making deep tournament runs? His “years in the NBA” were four years as a shooting coach. If we’re worried about the boosters not paying the buyout, they’ll laugh him off the phone if he tells them he needs millions to hire this guy. 

F434E544-AC61-45BB-9702-883E6A16C228.thumb.png.20deaeac3d86110299ce876b247fbf2a.png

He took over a team that won 2 games in conference and for the most part has improved almost every year and is now at 14 wins in conference 

he did a lot of the same in in short time at FGC

For the naysayers...just let me have this. I saw earlier that Stevens’ salary is about $3.6 million annually? Is that right? Just a tick above what we pay Archie. By the way, Archie’s salary is good for 20th in CBB. Even with the losses and Covid and such, you can’t tell me they couldn’t throw a much bigger number at him. Make him top 5 or top 3 paid in college! As others have said, can’t tell me he wouldn’t rake in the cash for them. Less travel than NBA, closer to family, away from Boston (my wife lived there and personally, as small town Indiana kids, we’d never live there again-winters are brutal), and better pay? You can’t tell me that wouldn’t be attractive! Just let me have this, guys...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I'm sure I'll be late to answer this but that salary was before his most recent extension. They did not disclose his salary after extension so we don't really know. Someone else can correct me if wrong but I do not believe the NBA is obligated to disclose a coach's contract although many do.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm sure I'll be late to answer this but that salary was before his most recent extension. They did not disclose his salary after extension so we don't really know. Someone else can correct me if wrong but I do not believe the NBA is obligated to disclose a coach's contract although many do.

Believe there’s no requirement that it be public, but some publicize it by choice, and others have ownership structures that let it out

Believe there’s no requirement that it be public, but some publicize it by choice, and others have ownership structures that let it out
That is my understanding as well.

Possible to believe Enfield should be wayyy down the list and ALSO that he’s shown enough for us to know he’d be a clear upgrade. I’d rather have Fife and plenty of other choices, but Enfield is better than what we have.

Good grief people. Our AD is putting feelers out there and that's a good thing. Just because we reach out doesn't mean we've offered anything. As someone else mentioned Enfield very well could be anywhere from Option A to Option W. Let it play out before giving up. Even if he is hired I'd give him a chance because fit is important and maybe he and IU are a perfect fit. You never know.

30 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He took over a team that won 2 games in conference and for the most part has improved almost every year and is now at 14 wins in conference 

he did a lot of the same in in short time at FGC

That’s good and everything, but the improvement just isn’t good enough for me. They’re better than they were when he took over, but they’re not good enough to where we’d be happy as IU fans with those results. We’d probably be itching to fire him. I don’t want to fire Archie just to hire another mediocre coach we’ll fire in another 4-5 years.

The PAC-12 is also a much worse conference than the Big 10. Unless I’m missing something, they won 24 games and finished 2nd in the conference and didn’t even make the tournament. You have to wonder how much of that improvement for USC is because of the weak conference they’re in. 

@chris007 is a smart poster. Hypes everyone out there talking Brad Stevens, and then weeks later messes with the entire board with Enfield to watch it all burn. #assassin lol.
I really hope it’s not Enfield, but would give anyone a shot because they would deserve our support and chance of given the keys.

@chris007 is a smart poster. Hypes everyone out there talking Brad Stevens, and then weeks later messes with the entire board with Enfield to watch it all burn. #assassin lol.
I really hope it’s not Enfield, but would give anyone a shot because they would deserve our support and chance of given the keys.

If your going to go with Enfield you may as well go with fife. Both are no guarantees but fife seems like a safer gamble imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Thank you. Gotta have options.