Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

For the naysayers...just let me have this. I saw earlier that Stevens’ salary is about $3.6 million annually? Is that right? Just a tick above what we pay Archie. By the way, Archie’s salary is good for 20th in CBB. Even with the losses and Covid and such, you can’t tell me they couldn’t throw a much bigger number at him. Make him top 5 or top 3 paid in college! As others have said, can’t tell me he wouldn’t rake in the cash for them. Less travel than NBA, closer to family, away from Boston (my wife lived there and personally, as small town Indiana kids, we’d never live there again-winters are brutal), and better pay? You can’t tell me that wouldn’t be attractive! Just let me have this, guys...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For the naysayers...just let me have this. I saw earlier that Stevens’ salary is about $3.6 million annually? Is that right? Just a tick above what we pay Archie. By the way, Archie’s salary is good for 20th in CBB. Even with the losses and Covid and such, you can’t tell me they couldn’t throw a much bigger number at him. Make him top 5 or top 3 paid in college! As others have said, can’t tell me he wouldn’t rake in the cash for them. Less travel than NBA, closer to family, away from Boston (my wife lived there and personally, as small town Indiana kids, we’d never live there again-winters are brutal), and better pay? You can’t tell me that wouldn’t be attractive! Just let me have this, guys...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Archie would already be making more money had he had a ounce of success. That was his initial contract had he done anything positive he would already have a new bigger deal. Instead he should get 3 dollars a year. Also if Archie is worth 3 mill stevens is 5 or more because fan base would instantly be excited and bring in revenue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Archie would already be making more money had he had a ounce of success. That was his initial contract had he done anything positive he would already have a new bigger deal. Instead he should get 3 dollars a year. Also if Archie is worth 3 mill stevens is 5 or more because fan base would instantly be excited and bring in revenue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly. You get it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told that IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. He doesn’t sound exciting to me.

I'm vehemently opposed to Steve Alford coaching at IU -- for myriad reasons. But I'd take him six days a week and seven times on Sunday before I'd hire Andy Enfield.

If Andy Enfield is the best we can do, I'd just as soon stick with Archie. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told that IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. He doesn’t sound exciting to me.

Wow. That one had not even occurred to me. His roster profile couldn’t look less like this IU team. He recruits pretty much nothing but long run/jump athletes. Gonna need to chew on this one a little bit.

Okay folks--before we trash a guy because he is a relatively unfamiliar name, let's get 'truthy': Enfield as a head coach--Very impressive results at two college stops:

Florida Gulf Coast (Two seasons preceding Enfield and the two seasons he was there):

2009: 8-21

2010: 10-20

Total: 18-41

ENFIELD ARRIVES

2011: 15-17

2012: 26-11

Total: 41-18

USC (Seven Seasons preceding Enfield and the seven seasons he has been there):

2006: 25-12

2007: 21-12

2008: 21-13

2009: 16-14

2010: 19-15

2011: 6-26

2012: 14-18

Total: 122-110

ENFIELD ARRIVES:

2013: 11-21

2014: 12-20

2015: 21-13

2016: 26-10

2017: 24-12

2018: 16-17

2019: 22-9

2020: 20-6

Total: 152-108

• Was the shooting coach/consultant for the Bucks and the Celtics. Three point shooting coach god.
  • Has successfully recruited five star players.
  • Has some slime on him-assistant Coach Tony Bland was an FBI scandal target.
  • Salary and buyout is completely doable.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Let's try something crazy.  Reggie Miller looks good in those candystripes on that Wendy's commercial.  We need to make him assistant coach/lead recruiter

He most certainly does NOT want that job. You right--is crazy

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield as a head coach:

Florida Gulf Coast (Two seasons preceding Enfield and the two seasons he was there):

2009: 8-21

2010: 10-20

Total: 18-41

ENFIELD ARRIVES

2011: 15-17

2012: 26-11

Total: 41-18

USC (Seven Seasons preceding Enfield and the seven seasons he has been there):

2006: 25-12

2007: 21-12

2008: 21-13

2009: 16-14

2010: 19-15

2011: 6-26

2012: 14-18

ENFIELD ARRIVES:

2013: 11-21

2014: 12-20

2015: 21-13

2016: 26-10

2017: 24-12

2018: 16-17

2019: 22-9

2020: 20-6

• Was the shooting coach/consultant for the Bucks and the Celtics. Three point shooting coach and strategy god.
  • Has some slime on him-assistant Coach Tony Bland was an FBI scandal target.
  • Salary and buyout is completely doable.

For these reasons I think Enfield is both a good “check in to keep a backup plan in mind” coach AND surprising, given the Tony Bland stuff.

In other words, it isn’t exciting and I’d be shocked if it went this way...but you do your due diligence and he’s done more with less.