Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Lol. The tweet is written pretty neutrally, but if IU had beaten two of NW, MSU, OU, and Rutger at home they’d be 14-11 and probably just need one win to sleep easy on selection Sunday.

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

I think this depends on if they have an answer for a coach. They won't spend the money for a non-sexy hire. They'll save their money until next year. 

People with the kind of disposable money we are talking about didn't get that way making rash decisions. They are used to playing the long game to maximize returns. I can easily see them being willing to wait one more year to reduce the cost as well as secure the right replacement. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The person I talked to this morning said season tickets for basketball are on pace for every other year. Now people might stop going, but they already paid for their tickets. They don't want to lose their points for when we do get a good coach. Also TV numbers have been the same, here towards the end it has very slightly decreased. 

That makes them the Chicago Bears.  Get ready for years and years of sucky.  

6 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Revenue isn't lost profits.  Definitely makes it hard to profit, but sounds worse than it actually is.  

^^This^^

For instance, the lack of game ticket sales for IU basketball may have resulted in $10 million of lost revenue, but there may have been a $2 million offset to that loss in lower expenses for pay to ushers, cleaning crews, security staff, etc.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

For instance, the game tickets for IU basketball may have resulted in $10 million of lost revenue, but there will have been $2 million in unpaid ushers, cleaning crews, security staff, etc that can offset the lost revenue.

Thank you, this helps explain it for someone like myself who doesn't understand big words

35 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

No coach on the planet is going to tell anyone that they'll be available in a year. No one. If we wait a year, our list won't look any different than it does right now. If we wait a year, it's all about saving money. Plain and simple. 

I know the list won't look any different, part of why I'd prefer they not let the program go further in the crapper.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

If they let the program circle the drain another year under Miller, it'd better because they absolutely certain they're landing the likes of Stevens (as an example) not the likes of Dane Fife or a mid major "up and comer" because they still refuse to put their big boy pants on.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Another year could give an unofficial IU representative time to talk agents to determine interest and at what dollar amount does it take to talk. Back channel stuff that probably should have / or is going on already. Probably no one except fans were even thinking about replacing CAM after this season. Having another year would provide time for IU to search and potential replacements to consider an offer. I think as fans we sometimes underestimate the complexity of changing coaches.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Another year could give an unofficial IU representative time to talk agents to determine interest and at what dollar amount does it take to talk. Back channel stuff that probably should have / or is going on already. Probably no one except fans were even thinking about replacing CAM after this season. Having another year would provide time for IU to search and potential replacements to consider an offer. I think as fans we sometimes underestimate the complexity of changing coaches.

^^^!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, lillurk said:

Lol. The tweet is written pretty neutrally, but if IU had beaten two of NW, MSU, OU, and Rutger at home they’d be 14-11 and probably just need one win to sleep easy on selection Sunday.

Yeah there isn’t much sympathy for playing tough schedules b/c we’ve really never been missing the top end resume wins. We’ve continually mixed in far too many mediocre (quad 2 or lower) losses.

5 hours ago, cthomas said:

Then that's a failure of the AD.  He should always have s a short list of coaches.  And if a great one becomes available, be ready to make a move -- a la the Cubs when Joe Madon became available.   

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

No coach on the planet is going to tell anyone that they'll be available in a year. No one. If we wait a year, our list won't look any different than it does right now. If we wait a year, it's all about saving money. Plain and simple. 

You dont keep a lame duck coach around. That absolutely kills recruiting.

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

It’s a beautiful day for the last regular season game of an era

Might as well go out with a blaze of glory. 

72-63 Purdue and a chair toss to tie things together.  You know, cuz history. 

Instead, The crazy thing is we probably lose by 20 and Archie compliments Purdue on being a great team.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier