Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

- TJD could stay and actually should stay if he wants to keep playing in America and not Turkey

- Al can come back. Look for him to transfer this year though.

- Rob might have a come to jesus moment. 

- Race / Frank will be back and will hopefully improve with our freshman.

- Joey is back more than likely

- Transfer market

All hope isn't lost but there's a chance we could put a team together next year. A lot of things would have to work in our favor clearly but hey, crazier things have happened in the history of basketball right?

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

- TJD could stay and actually should stay if he wants to keep playing in America and not Turkey

- Transfer market

All hope isn't lost but there's a chance we could put a team together next year. A lot of things would have to work in our favor clearly but hey, crazier things have happened in the history of basketball right?

Does Hunter stay or walk ?

2 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Does Hunter stay or walk ?

I don't think his value is that much to warrant another team engaging him in a transfer. 

He's a streaky shooter and can't play defense. Maybe he transfers to a smaller school that's all I can see for him. 

10 minutes ago, Treesh said:

- Transfer market

There’s a better chance of Brad Stevens coming to coach IU than there is of that happening next year.

Even if there’s a change and some related attrition, I think, say, Franklin + the frosh + whatever a new coach might find via transfer and late commits is enough to be a pretty good squad (with a good coach).

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’d only support a 5th year if there were signs that next year would be an improvement. Those signs just aren’t there. Our best player (by far) is probably leaving. Our recruiting class coming in isn’t just bad, it’s the worst in the entire conference. Defense is supposed to be our strength, but this year it has been pretty bad. There is nothing Archie can point at and say “I deserve to stay for a fifth season because of this.” The only reason it’s even a question is because he has a $10 million buyout. If the question was solely based on performance he’d be gone the second the season ends. 

I deserve the 5th year because we will have Brooks, Henry, Parker Stewart, and Joey Brunk all players that didn't play for IU this year. Not that this is going to happen but would you be OK if he said something like that? You can still fire him next year. You have to remember he was asked to take a pay cut this year because of COVID

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I understand the fan's perspective, I'm giving you the coaches. Most coaches don't want to uproot their families move to a new town and maybe looking for a new job in 4 years. We already know we won't be any good next year so then you have 3 years to turn it around, get some recruits or your time is slipping away.

In other jobs you wouldn't have anywhere near that long if you weren't doing what you were hired and paid to do, it shouldn't be any different just because they're making millions.

On your next point, you cannot make a tournament that didn't take place, no one made it last year.  If it took place maybe, but didn't.  

I deserve the 5th year because we will have Brooks, Henry, Parker Stewart, and Joey Brunk all players that didn't play for IU this year. Not that this is going to happen but would you be OK if he said something like that? You can still fire him next year. You have to remember he was asked to take a pay cut this year because of COVID
Not enough for me

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If the coach is worried he will be leaving in 4 years because he is getting archie miller results we don't want him. We need a coach that has confidence in his abilities and not already thinking they won't last. I question though how many big time coaches doubt their abilities as you are suggesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think the coaches are worried, they're just not interested in leaving a good job to come here. That is why our candidate pool is so limited. Fans think Bob Knight is walking through the door and he's not. That was lightning in a bottle for 30 years. That's not coming back. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There’s a better chance of Brad Stevens coming to coach IU than there is of that happening next year.

I think there is a 50% or higher chance of that. If not we stay the course till next year. 

So one of the old guys or nothing? Or a young up and comer? Which corner you in?
If it's an older guy I just want a plan for transfer for continuity purposes and that's assuming things are stable. If it's a young up and comer then I'm fine with that too but Dolson needs to make sure it's the guy he wants and feels best about. Basically we know what we have and it isn't working. I don't keep broken crap in my house just in case it may someday fix itself. Even if it costed me a pretty penny it still isn't going to help me accomplish anything to keep it around.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm confused. A 50% or higher chance of what?

50/50 on someone leaving a big city to come to a small town. No inside knowledge on this but going back to listening to interviews to people about BS they've been disappointed in him for a while now. 

I got to chime in on a thought I had the other day concerning Archie.

Ironic that this thread even exists considering that 1) we missed the NCAAT last year because covid shut it down and 2) we are in danger of missing the NCAAT this year because covid took all our non-con cupcakes off the schedule.