Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

First time his name has come up. He’s a freaking excellent coach.

Crazier things have happened 

Agreed!  We need that more than the flaming pile of shits we got on our bench.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

First time his name has come up. He’s a freaking excellent coach.

Crazier things have happened 

He won't be considered precisely for the reasons he was fired. Also, he wasn't acceptable to the higher-ups last time IU was looking for a coach. 

*Please note, no personal takes are included on Mr. Marshall in my response. 

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Heard it a lot, but I'd just point out that the Big East is not a Power 5 conference. Jay Wright would beg to differ with the notion that a successful IU coaching hire has to have a P5 track record, but carry on all.

The Big East was one of the best conferences in the country until it dissolved in 2013. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Big East was one of the best conferences in the country until it dissolved in 2013. 

And Jay Wright won his 2 National Titles after it dissolved. My point is that it's college basketball and successful coaches can be found anywhere and coach anywhere. Mark Few coaches in the WAC and plenty would be thrilled to have him.

13 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

And Jay Wright won his 2 National Titles after it dissolved. My point is that it's college basketball and successful coaches can be found anywhere and coach anywhere. Mark Few coaches in the WAC and plenty would be thrilled to have him.

Nova became what it did because the powers of the Big East left. It was a massive boost for Nova and massive hit to college basketball. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nova became what it did because the powers of the Big East left. It was a massive boost for Nova and massive hit to college basketball. 

Kind of reminds me of when Indiana went to class sectionals for basketball.  It takes something away, but it is still basketball, just not the same.

Is Danny Hurley interesting? I haven't seen his name mentioned. First glance for me is probably a no. But a solid run at Rhode Island (yes, I know what conference they are in and that it's the same conference Dayton is in and that our current coach came from that conference). UConn, with Bouknight, looks like they could make a run. 

A couple weeks ago I assumed IU would scrape into the tournament and it would be enough to get Miller another year. Sounds like that still might happen, per @Chris007 and others in the know.

I wonder if the collapse down the stretch here is enough to change the calculus, though. I’m glad it’s not my call.

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

A couple weeks ago I assumed IU would scrape into the tournament and it would be enough to get Miller another year. Sounds like that still might happen, per @Chris007 and others in the know.

I wonder if the collapse down the stretch here is enough to change the calculus, though. I’m glad it’s not my call.

Everything is relevant.

Chris and others said that from the vantage point when they said it.

Two lethargic losses later? That matters.

Two more in the coming week? That will matter for sure.