Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep.   Also if you are going to go the get old stay old route then you cannot be losing a senior to a grad transfer.  That is a lot of D1 experience flushed down the drain.    Maybe it got to a point where it was better for both parties to move on but still if this is your path you can’t lose seniors to transfers.    

Who transferred?

10 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

We should only consider candidates with proven track records. This is an absolute must. No taking chances on unknowns. Davis is a prime example of what happens when you do that. Also the new coach needs to have achieved at a real basketball program. No more Atlantic 10 or MAC retreads. 

Davis was not the result of a national search with former players vetting their capabilities. 

That list of successful big conference coaches, however, is small. I would definitely chase those guys first but the admin has not shared our perspective the last 2 hires and I am not holding my breath. 

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

5th year in a row or being below .500 in the B1G

Yeah I feel bad for Archie and am not sure why his Dayton success did not transfer better here. Hopefully the admin is not truly keeping him from coaching players tough and our next coach can have success. But I can’t see how you bring him back another year. 

8bucks said: Yeah I feel bad for Archie and am not sure why his Dayton success did not transfer better here.

It is hard moving up. Most coaches who try it do not succeed. If Archie goes, IU needs to hire a coach with proven ability at this level and stature. Otherwise, it is the same crap shoot. Plus the fans will have no faith if it looks like another Archie Miller situation.

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep.   Also if you are going to go the get old stay old route then you cannot be losing a senior to a grad transfer.  That is a lot of D1 experience flushed down the drain.    Maybe it got to a point where it was better for both parties to move on but still if this is your path you can’t lose seniors to transfers.    

The guy who transferred took a lot more heat from fans than he deserved. Flawed player but he’s helping a better team win.

In fact, IU was clearly better last year with a couple guys who took lots of flak.

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Is Brad Stevens coming? 

I don’t want a boring name. 

NO

So bake “Brad Stevens will NOT be our coach” into the equation. Same for Beard and Drew.

Would you like to keep Archie for another year, for two more, for how many more?!?

Most disengaged I’ve ever been as an Indiana basketball fan. My hope of any positive way outta this is near zero. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way in regards to IU hoops.

I thought we had the pull to bring in a sure winner. No faith in that.

Archie Ain’t It! And hasn’t been for a while.

I don’t see a realistic remedy that makes me happy.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Most disengaged I’ve ever been as an Indiana basketball fan. My hope of any positive way outta this is near zero. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way in regards to IU hoops.

I thought we had the pull to bring in a sure winner. No faith in that.

Archie Ain’t It! And hasn’t been for a while.

I don’t see a realistic remedy that makes me happy.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Watch IU football 

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

NO

So bake “Brad Stevens will NOT be our coach” into the equation. Same for Beard and Drew.

Would you like to keep Archie for another year, for two more, for how many more?!?

I’d be okay with axing the men’s program for a few years honestly. Women’s basketball is great and IU football is here! 

Hire Alford and let the program turn to dust. 

The sun just came out here in Bloomington folks. 

Somewhere on the east coast, Brad Stevens and his wife are discussing the move. Discussing the potential of saving Indiana Basketball. Discussing sending his kids to Bloomington North or South. 

Brighter days are on the way folks!