Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I never said he was going to get fired lol

im just stating he hasn’t won in the Boston Celtics level. 

You’ve been heavily implying it every day for weeks now, unless you think Brad’s just going to up and walk away from the Celtics and the NBA to save IU basketball. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Boston Celtics have won 1 title in the past 35 years. They’ve won 3 eastern conference titles in that span.  Brad Stevens has went to 3 ECF in the past 4 years. He was the 1 seed and went to the ECF with a 5’7 Isaiah Thomas as his best player. 

If you’re an NBA fan then you know that Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in the entire NBA. If the Celtics fired him, they would almost certainly be hiring a worse coach to replace him. They’re not firing him for a bad month during a pandemic season after a short offseason. 

So their the IU of the NBA? 1 title in the last 35 years 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Whoa whoa whoa....I don't follow the NBA...(If the NBA was on channel 4 and a bunch of frogs were making out on channel 5, I'd watch Channel 5.  Even if it came in fuzzy)...but I cannot be held in the same regard as a Boston sports fan.  Eww.

Well played sir

11 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

I guess one way to view it is, would Fife at least equal Archie's success? Does Fife actually have the moxy to carry the weight of a program like IU?

I don't want to rehire Archie, is my point. Might as well hang tough for the real hire. I understand the definition of insanity though. He wanted to get old and stay old. That's great, but we need to be in the tournament to afford that patience. 

I really wish there was ANY indication that this program was on the upswing. Stuck in neutral. I like the guy. He's obviously just not built for IU. Damn he felt like he was going to be general-lite though. 

We just got old and stayed sucky! That wasn’t supposed to be the formula.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You’ve been heavily implying it every day for weeks now, unless you think Brad’s just going to up and walk away from the Celtics and the NBA to save IU basketball. 

You don't know if you don't ask??  Maybe he would...maybe he is tired dealing with professional players/egos, maybe he hates living in the Northeast/boston, maybe he hates the grind of the 82 game season??? No one knows what he is thinking.  And we won't know IF we don't ask?  Can't be afraid to get rejected.

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never got old.   IU is the second youngest team in the B1G in year 4 

Is that by age or court time? Having Brunk this year would've added 1/2 year to both averages.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Is that by age or court time? Having Brunk this year would've added 1/2 year to both averages.

I believe its court time.  Those numbers are from Ken Pom site.   Purdue is the youngest B1G team 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

We really missed Brunk this year

Yep.   Also if you are going to go the get old stay old route then you cannot be losing a senior to a grad transfer.  That is a lot of D1 experience flushed down the drain.    Maybe it got to a point where it was better for both parties to move on but still if this is your path you can’t lose seniors to transfers.    

The excitement is obvious with this program. An hour before tip off and no thread started. Pretending like there isn't a game? Good strategy. Maybe if we just ignore it it'll be like it never happened.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The excitement is obvious with this program. An hour before tip off and no thread started. Pretending like there isn't a game? Good strategy. Maybe if we just ignore it it'll be like it never happened.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Archie Miller is rubbing off on everyone. Boring. 

There are probably a ton of candidates we are overlooking due to lack of familiarity. I wonder how many guys like Juwan Howard are out there and ready for an opportunity.  This is why, if and when we make a change, I hope Dolson talks to the many former players who have so much experience in the NBA.  

Hiring someone like Howard who had never been a HC is a scary thought but hopefully we have people well versed in the game to find out what they know.  We don’t need a committee of non basketball people like Gonso, Yeagley etc.  Get the input from former players and others Dolson knows and then go after your targets  

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/02/so-juwan-howard-can-coach-huh-how-his-time-in-miami-groomed-him.html?outputType=amp

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

There are probably a ton of candidates we are overlooking due to lack of familiarity. I wonder how many guys like Juwan Howard are out there and ready for an opportunity.  This is why, if and when we make a change, I hope Dolson talks to the many former players who have so much experience in the NBA.  

Hiring someone like Howard who had never been a HC is a scary thought but hopefully we have people well versed in the game to find out what they know.  We don’t need a committee of non basketball people like Gonso, Yeagley etc.  Get the input from former players and others Dolson knows and then go after your targets  

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/02/so-juwan-howard-can-coach-huh-how-his-time-in-miami-groomed-him.html?outputType=amp

We should only consider candidates with proven track records. This is an absolute must. No taking chances on unknowns. Davis is a prime example of what happens when you do that. Also the new coach needs to have achieved at a real basketball program. No more Atlantic 10 or MAC retreads.