Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

18 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well that’s a lot of money we’ve saved.

· $125,000 for winning the Big Ten Conference regular season title
· $50,000 for winning the Big Ten Tournament
· $25,000 for qualifying for the NCAA Tournament
· $35,000 for making the Sweet 16
· $50,000 for making the Elite Eight
· $125,000 for making the Final Four
· $250,000 for winning the NCAA Championship
· $50,000 for being named Big Ten Coach of the Year
· $50,000 for being named National Coach of the Year

we ae in no danger of ever having to pay him those Bonus's  

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I've not lived in Boston but would you rather raise your teenagers in Bloomington or Boston? Come to IU and he can coach his son in 3 or 4 years

Honestly, probably Boston.. And I love Bloomington. They’d get to be normalish kids in Boston. Not so much in Bloomington. 

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Stevens is one of the better coaches in the League, everyone in the League knows that, the Celtics front office loves him, the players love him, he's not going anywhere and definitely not leaving the NBA to return to college coaching. Love Stevens as a coach, but he won't be IU's coach. Just my two cents guys.

"players love him" is debatable at this point

Right now I have 7 guys who I think could realistically be at Indiana: 

Alford

Beilein

Fife

Matta-Depends on his health, he's only 52 though

Musselman

Oats

Stevens-Depends on how hot his seat gets in Boston

I think Stevens and Beilein would be home run hires. Matta (Depends on his health) and Oats would be very good hires. Maybe Musselman. Alford and Fife are your IU guys. 

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

I’m gonna do my part. I’m throwing a couple bills down on the Celtics on the money line. That should pretty much insure a Pacers victory

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not to derail any threads, but thoughts on a gambling thread (I'm intentionally posting this in a popular thread instead of actually starting said thread)? Just to throw out people's favorite picks of the day, who they follow for advice, etc. I'm about as lame of a gambler that exists...$3, $5 here and there. But it sure makes it fun. Actually it makes it not fun at all but also kind of fun. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I cannot stand this guy but this was spot on.

I listened to his show from a couple days ago last night...he’s the most self-centered person on earth and I hate his guts....

...but almost everything he said about the program was exactly right (aside from perpetually claiming that Knight actually wasn’t as good a coach as people say he is). There really was a palpable difference in the program that’s just not there today; call it a presence, an aura, whatever, but it surrounded the program and you could feel it. IU was different. I don’t think a new coach is going to change any of that, since it was lightning in a bottle, but winning sure would help. 

3 hours ago, IUCane said:

Not saying this is right, but would recruiting at IU as a coach with his pro resume be "easier" than recruiting at Butler as an unknown?  Can't he get top flight assistants who could do most of the groundwork in recruiting?  Isn't Bloomington a better place too live with better cost of living than Boston?  Can't he make as much here as in the NBA (factor in taxes and cost of living)?  Won't players "listen" to him in college vs tune him out in the NBA (going on currently???)?     Seems like there are pros/cons to each job.  Not sure what he would currently think of the opportunity, but if you are in charge of IU basketball you have to come up with a strong case and make THE PITCH.

I do often wonder if Indiana has ever attempted to put feelers out and make a run at Brad Stevens. He's the most obvious pick in the history of coaching candidates. I'd be beyond disappointed to find out we've never made an attempt. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The recruiting thing is a myth that a lot of people spread. Dan Patrick flat out asked him if he left college because of the recruiting. He said no I love recruiting. He's been asked that two or three times and each time he said he likes recruiting. 

Was going to post the same response. I listened to the DP interview and he put that to rest. Actually convinced me that he may end up back in the college game at some point. 

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

As an NBA fan.. the eastern conference has been a cake walk the past 10 years. It was basically LeBron vs whoever made it out the other side of the bracket. 

And he coaches at Boston. Danny Ainge said it himself this week, they are all about winning. Not winning the ECF isn’t winning. Regular season wins don’t matter in Boston. 

Ainge has also stated something to the effect that "Brad Stevens job is the safest of anyone in the organization. Over any player they had." High praise in player first league. 

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Dakich from TWO YEARS AGO:

Wait...am I Dan Dakich?  That sounds like me from two years ago and I have a lot of haters too....can sometimes be called trollish...

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

As an NBA fan.. the eastern conference has been a cake walk the past 10 years. It was basically LeBron vs whoever made it out the other side of the bracket. 

And he coaches at Boston. Danny Ainge said it himself this week, they are all about winning. Not winning the ECF isn’t winning. Regular season wins don’t matter in Boston. 

The Boston Celtics have won 1 title in the past 35 years. They’ve won 3 eastern conference titles in that span.  Brad Stevens has went to 3 ECF in the past 4 years. He was the 1 seed and went to the ECF with a 5’7 Isaiah Thomas as his best player. 

If you’re an NBA fan then you know that Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in the entire NBA. If the Celtics fired him, they would almost certainly be hiring a worse coach to replace him. They’re not firing him for a bad month during a pandemic season after a short offseason. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Boston Celtics have won 1 title in the past 35 years. They’ve won 3 eastern conference titles in that span.  Brad Stevens has went to 3 ECF in the past 4 years. He was the 1 seed and went to the ECF with a 5’7 Isaiah Thomas as his best player. 

If you’re an NBA fan then you know that Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in the entire NBA. If the Celtics fired him, they would almost certainly be hiring a worse coach to replace him. They’re not firing him for a bad month during a pandemic season after a short offseason. 

I never said he was going to get fired lol

im just stating he hasn’t won in the Boston Celtics level.