Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

42 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Because a home run will be available then? Or just give him an extension until a home run is found. I think you make the change and go pay for the home run on your own timeline, not theirs. 

This!   

3 hours ago, coonhounds said:

We shall see how big of deal the buyout actually is. We haven't seen the contract and deals can be made. If you are archie miller and tjd leaves and maybe even some transfers do you even want to coach at indiana next season? Fans will be back and it will be ugly. If I am archie I save some face cut a deal that we both agree on and go get me another coaching job Perhaps somewhere that isn't clearly jinxed emoji848.png

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

actually, a lot of people have seen the contract since, as a public university employee, Miller's contract falls under FOIA access

Well that’s a lot of money we’ve saved.

· $125,000 for winning the Big Ten Conference regular season title
· $50,000 for winning the Big Ten Tournament
· $25,000 for qualifying for the NCAA Tournament
· $35,000 for making the Sweet 16
· $50,000 for making the Elite Eight
· $125,000 for making the Final Four
· $250,000 for winning the NCAA Championship
· $50,000 for being named Big Ten Coach of the Year
· $50,000 for being named National Coach of the Year

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

I’m saying keep him another year so the buy-out is less for the boosters and the department, more candidates could become available and it allows us to gather more information on potential up and comers. 

Yeah IU basketball is garbage and next year more than likely will be much of the same, but this is the most important hire of IU Athletics for the foreseeable future. Can’t rush it. 

Sorry. But nothing is being rushed by firing him after the season. Dolson should have the money in hand by end of season and a shortlist of guys he is interested in interviewing within the next few weeks. He should have been working on this for at least 6 weeks or more. 

Because a home run will be available then? Or just give him an extension until a home run is found. I think you make the change and go pay for the home run on your own timeline, not theirs. 
We all think this way(at least the vast majority) think this way. We aren't the powers that be that make the decision.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

We all think this way(at least the vast majority) think this way. We aren't the powers that be that make the decision.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Correct. Dolson either has the money and will make a move or he doesn’t have it and will wait a year. Going to depend on the boosters. 

Of Archie gets another year he better go hit the transfer market and make some significant roster upgrades. 

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

No program that had any aspirations of being among the best would ever think like this. Imagine Kentucky putting up with another year of this because they didn't think they could get the guy they want. Then again, Archie Miller probably wouldn't have reached his third season at Kentucky. 

Those toothless hilljacks would've run him out of town with pitchforks by now.

14 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Davis wasn't really successful. That team got to the championship despite him. I was not enthusiastic about any of the hires since then. I think Glass really dropped the ball on Archie. He didn't do a national search for the best possible candidate. Dolson must do that this time. No excuses. Aim high and pay what is needed. 

If you have to "search" you have already lost.  

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well that’s a lot of money we’ve saved.

· $125,000 for winning the Big Ten Conference regular season title
· $50,000 for winning the Big Ten Tournament
· $25,000 for qualifying for the NCAA Tournament
· $35,000 for making the Sweet 16
· $50,000 for making the Elite Eight
· $125,000 for making the Final Four
· $250,000 for winning the NCAA Championship
· $50,000 for being named Big Ten Coach of the Year
· $50,000 for being named National Coach of the Year

those seem like pretty weak bonuses for a guy making $3 million.   No wonder we suck.  

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

No program that had any aspirations of being among the best would ever think like this. Imagine Kentucky putting up with another year of this because they didn't think they could get the guy they want. Then again, Archie Miller probably wouldn't have reached his third season at Kentucky. 

I mean realistically, Scott Dolson is probably thinking "Who the hell am I suppose to hire".

I don't base my IU fandom on what Purdue does but the fact they lose no one and who they have coming in we all better get ready for them having a huge amount of success for the foreseeable future. The fact they will be a Top 5 team and BIG favorites next year further shows how pitiful IU basketball really is. Their success isn't limited to next year either. Painter has really settled in and Schrewsberry is probably one of the top assistants in College Basketball. His NBA experience is enticing to recruits as they believe he knows what it takes to get there. Man IU has to get a new Coach. I don't know who it is but it has to be done. 

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

And were not on the same level as Kentucky anymore and haven't been for a while

14 hours ago, Feathery said:

If a home run is not available then, Fife still will be.