Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I honestly can't remember how I felt when we hired Archie. I think I was overly optimistic (kinda my M.O.) lol. I remember that I was seeing a movie when Natty and Jaybob texted me to let me know. I've given up assuming I know what a good coach is. I'll support whoever it is, and hope for the best

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I shared this in the fire Archie thread.
You decide what it means

2d699308c1857de485e4da9ba7d71553.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think that has been the message he's been sending out all season, he just changes the team. Not 100% but saw one like it couple of weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think that has been the message he's been sending out all season, he just changes the team. Not 100% but saw one like it couple of weeks ago. 

Wonder what would happen if you sent that as an attachment and nailed them on it.. maybe they have a plan A-Z set for that lol

22 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I honestly can't remember how I felt when we hired Archie. I think I was overly optimistic (kinda my M.O.) lol. I remember that I was seeing a movie when Natty and Jaybob texted me to let me know. I've given up assuming I know what a good coach is. I'll support whoever it is, and hope for the best

Lol.  Same.  At the time I don't think Sampson, Crean, or Miller were my dream hires, but in each case I felt very optimistic about their hirings.  We as fans are both experts and idiots when it comes to these things.

Edit: I never was especially optimistic about Davis - yet he had the most tournament success.  Go figure.

Stevens

Beard

home run hires

Oats

Belien

Mata

Next year candidates.

I would have been ecstatic with Holtman now that I’ve seen what he can do.

I’m not sure there is a coach out there we could get right now that would justify 10 million .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

36 minutes ago, Treesh said:

How about one of you people who has a million + in savings emails Scott and tells him you're willing to make a donation. 

;) 

ha - even if I had that kind of scratch, I wouldn't donate until I knew the name they were targeting and that it was a 'done deal' pending donors stepping up.

Just now, thehelgo said:

ha - even if I had that kind of scratch, I wouldn't donate until I knew the name they were targeting and that it was a 'done deal' pending donors stepping up.

And that thinking is exactly why Archie Miller will be here next year!

Archie Miller train rolls on folks!

It’s because we love you that we texted you :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Which one of you stole Brad's Identity last week?

You couldn't have at least got some charges in some Bloomington establishments to prime his brain up for his move back home?!?!?!

If the Stevens like Target the Bloomington Target does the most money of any target during move-in week here in B-Town

Not that we know what the hell we're talking about, but the consensus on this board is that there are three choices:

1. Primary: Throw the booster bank at Stevens; maybe the bank would open for Scott Drew
  2. Secondary: Lower cost/high value--Thad Matta
  3. Roll the Dice: If Archie HAS to go, and now, look to Nored, Tonagel, Utah St Smith, Alexander, Fife. Interview them all and pick the 'could be a star' winner.

There...wasn't that easy?

Interview panel?

• Buckner
  • Whitman
  • Moye
  • Hulls
  • Alford (to eliminate him as a choice)
  • Dakich, cause what the hell
  • Don Fischer
  • Tom Allen

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not that we know what the hell we're talking about, but the consensus on this board is that there are three choices:

1. Primary: Throw the booster bank at Stevens; maybe the bank would open for Scott Drew
  3. Roll the Dice: If Archie HAS to go, and now, look to Nored, Tonagel, Utah St Smith, Alexander, Fife. Interview them all and pick the 'could be a star' winner.

Interview panel?

• Buckner
  • Whitman
  • Moye
  • Hulls
  • Don Fischer
  • Tom Allen

Please don't tell me we actually would interview an NAIA coach???? LOL! 

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Interview panel?

• Buckner
  • Whitman
  • Moye
  • Hulls
  • Don Fischer
  • Tom Allen

After throwing the bank, that is one of the worst uneventful lists I have ever seen. If that doesn't scream BLUE BLOOD NO MORE I don't know what does. Nothing against you for supplying said lists. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

After throwing the bank, that is one of the worst uneventful lists I have ever seen. If that doesn't scream BLUE BLOOD NO MORE I don't know what does. Nothing against you for supplying said lists. 

So keep Archie if we throw the bank and the aforementioned don't want it?

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So keep Archie if we throw the bank and the aforementioned don't want it?

My personal opinion is to let the buyout go down and hope for better options next season. If these are our options and  I have to pick someone I guess I would go with Fife or Nored. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

My personal opinion is to let the buyout go down and hope for better options next season. If these are our options and  I have to pick someone I guess I would go with Fife or Nored. 

Fair enough, but if no fantastic options are available after this season, I'm not sure how better options will be there a year later.