Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If it wasn't why you were calling his comment out then you wouldn't have highlighted "I really don't care how good the women's team is." But, you did. 

Is that as far as you made it? If you truly need it spelled out for you, I also highlighted "It only exists to be fair." I highlighted the first sentence to be clear what the second highlighted sentence was referring to. If any additional clarity or explanation is needed, please let me know. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Plenty of people do not also share his opinion, like me. I thought it was one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a long time. There is no reason fans can't like multiple IU programs. Basketball hasn't been the moneymaker it used to be in a long time.  

People are free to like as many or as few IU programs as they want. I care about IU men's basketball, and I care about IU football. If we had a varsity hockey team I would care about them too, but we don't. That's about it. I'm indifferent on the rest of the sports teams. They could all be highly successful and it still wouldn't make up for our crappy basketball team to me. 

46 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

More like the fanbase is going to have to find something else to do next winter, lol. IU better hope that Covid is still causing capacity restrictions next year. Otherwise, they are going to be playing in a half empty Assembly Hall. Stevie Wonder can see that Archie just ain't it. If we keep him next year it will solely be because of the buyout. And if that's how the IU administration acts then the fanbase should act accordingly. 

Agree. Why spend the $$ on a crap product? Why even watch? I'd say I've watched not even half the games this year. About 5 years ago-even with Crean- I didn't miss a game. 

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we agree on that. But you're missing the point where boosters don't want to give IU money to go hire Nate Oats or Thad Matta or John Beilein. Not for 10 million, yes for 3 million. As I said I talked to someone last night who said the only way they would donate a million dollars this year is if Brad Stevens or someone like that was already signed up in coming. 

Honestly I this point, you just bite the bullet. The amount of money that could be lost long term is much more. Fans could actually be allowed to attend next season... Doesn't mean any are going to show up. Any change will give a relief and newborn hope to fans. It happens with every hire no matter who it is. 

1 minute ago, OldBuddy67 said:

I'm being naive and as George Costanza said "if I stay I get it all" but: I wonder if there is any chance Dolson and Archie come to a agreement and he resigns and IU is not responsible to pay the whole amount of the remainder of his contract. Archie has to be miserable and although coaches are  competitor's I wonder if he's just ready to move on? Yes I know money and this is a pipe dream but......

I've been thinking the same thought. It happens more in the NBA, not so much in college. But to Archie's side, if he has another bad year next year then his job prospects will look EVEN worse. 

I've made the comment before and I have no inside info on this but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mutual agreement to part ways. He's not going to retire from coaching, he wants another gig without question. He'd walk away from money but he might save some face and land an ok job. 

If it wasn't why you were calling his comment out then you wouldn't have highlighted "I really don't care how good the women's team is." But, you did. 
Read his other part he highlighted. That is where I thought he was coming from

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Just in case you happen to be filing things away somewhere in a folder titled "why do I get personally attacked on this board?" Put this in there for your next search of evidence. Oh, and I'd suggest never showing your daughter what is in that folder. 

Yea sorry but my daughter will actually think with some logic. You can support and still understand why it exist. A player can do the same. 

Billy Donovan would be on that list. I'm not sure who else. Hopefully, others can help. 

I think Billy D is pretty set with the Bulls for the next few seasons. Young roster that he’s done well with this year in his first season in charge. I legitimately don’t think there is a home run hire out there not named Stevens or Beard that would even remotely consider the IU job. Home run as in more than 50% of the fan base would get behind.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Bobman1 said:

I think Billy D is pretty set with the Bulls for the next few seasons. Young roster that he’s done well with this year in his first season in charge. I legitimately don’t think there is a home run hire out there not named Stevens or Beard that would even remotely consider the IU job.

I totally agree, I just trying to think of the home run hires from 4 years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

I think Billy D is pretty set with the Bulls for the next few seasons. Young roster that he’s done well with this year in his first season in charge. I legitimately don’t think there is a home run hire out there not named Stevens or Beard that would even remotely consider the IU job. Home run as in more than 50% of the fan base would get behind.

Jerry Reisndorf is more focused on winning another World Series than he is another O'Brien trophy before he retires. Convince him of that and maybe we have a shot.

He's likely a pipedream with Stevens if donors aren't going to pony up. Not a fun time

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He's gonna make just under $3 million this year, and his buyout is $1.5 million. This is why sometimes a school should agree to a large buyout--the low buyout makes it easier for a successful coach to be poached.

However, Arky is a "basketball school." I wouldn't be surprised if Arky anted up should a deep pocket come calling.

Have a feeling he's going to get a pretty significant pay increase after this season, no reason the basketball coach at Alabama should ever make more than the one at Arkansas IMO. Only concern I have would be if he wants to get back into NBA coaching again.

29 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Is that as far as you made it? If you truly need it spelled out for you, I also highlighted "It only exists to be fair." I highlighted the first sentence to be clear what the second highlighted sentence was referring to. If any additional clarity or explanation is needed, please let me know. 

Okay, let's look at the other statement then. Why does "it only exists to be fair" warrant personal attacks? If you disagree with the opinion, why not attack the argument instead of the poster? I've never seen LCS attack another poster personally, and that's despite a fair amount of comments thrown his way. 

I find it hard to believe this season, and especially these past two games, hasn't moved the needle for the administration and boosters to make a move. Not saying we will make the move, but if the discussions haven't started behind closed doors, we truly are doomed as a program. 

I was with 3 other die hard hoosier fans last night (socially distanced of course), and I think we collectively "watched" 10ish minutes of the actual game. The apathy is the highest I have ever seen it, and have heard multiple people say they wish we still had crean...that's where we are at. 

7 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm against whoever we hire. That way, I can be the first to say that I hated the hire from the beginning...

Go back and read the hire thread. Just great reactions in there, including mine!