Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

21 minutes ago, VO5 said:

At one point does it cost more to keep him then to buy him out, though? The fanbase is probably the most apathetic it’s ever been at this point. You keep him next year when fans can attend and it’s going to get ugly. Boos, people won’t go to games, lame duck coach status will kill recruiting. That will roll over for years to come and end up costing us more long-term than firing him now will. I just don’t get how others don’t recognize this? 

To do nothing is costlier than the buyout!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Wait it out? I really don't care how good the women's team is. Boosters don't care. It makes no money. It only exist to be fair. I really don't even care if football is good. I lived without it my whole life. But basketball? That's a different story. It NEEDS to be great. There isn't an excuse in the world for it not to be. Cut the dead weight. And that dead weight is Archie. Waiting another year will only create a bloodbath for Archie. 

I think we agree on that. But you're missing the point where boosters don't want to give IU money to go hire Nate Oats or Thad Matta or John Beilein. Not for 10 million, yes for 3 million. As I said I talked to someone last night who said the only way they would donate a million dollars this year is if Brad Stevens or someone like that was already signed up in coming. 

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We've been waiting 5 years for a winning conference record. We've been waiting 5 years to make it back to the tournament. We've been waiting 19 years to make it back to the elite eight. IU basketball is nothing without the fans. This season has made that abundantly clear. Without fans in Assembly Hall we are no different from any other random P5 team. The administration thinks they can "wait it out" because they take the fanbase for granted. They think it isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately for them, Covid has shown people that they don't need sports. They can fill their schedules with other activities. Even before Covid, IU was having trouble filling the arena for all but the most marquee games. What do they think will happen next season with a dead in the water coach and terrible team? 

I understand trust me. But come on, you expect rich people to bail us out and hire a no name? I'm not investing anything into IU basketball unless a big name is available right now. That just seems like common sense, money wise. Yes sales will be down with tickets and whatnot if Archie is still here but rich people don't care. Why should they? 

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Much as I would like a change soon, surely we can agree that the increased possibility of Stevens is potentially worth not having an answer by Easter 2021

Speaking of Brad did you know his wife was a soccer star at Depauw. Do you know who else has a really good soccer program? Stars are aligning, at least in my world

Just now, Chris007 said:

Speaking of Brad did you know his wife was a soccer star at Depauw. Do you know who else has a really good soccer program? Stars are aligning, at least in my world

Keep it coming please!  Your posts are giving me a pin hole of light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel!

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hire her in some capacity. Force Brad's hand. Heard of worse strategies. Just do something. I like Archie as a person and thought he'd work here, but I'd fear for his mental health next season if fans were allowed in the building. If the boo birds were loud for Crean, I can't imagine what next year would be like.

On second thought those boos might drown out Bardo next year. He's absolutely brutal when calling games.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Hire her in some capacity. Force Brad's hand. Heard of worse strategies. Just do something. I like Archie as a person and thought he'd work here, but I'd fear for his mental health next season if fans were allowed in the building. If the boo birds were loud for Crean, I can't imagine what next year would be like.

Did you know that Tracy Stevens is a big-time attorney and Brad's agent. Do you know who else has a world-renowned law school? Maybe she would like to be a professor. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Did you know that Tracy Stevens is a big-time attorney and Brad's agent. Do you know who else has a world-renowned law school? Maybe she would like to be a professor. 

I heard Brad like's Wings and Beer. I think we have a couple spots for those.. 

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

On second thought those boos might drown out Bardo next year. He's absolutely brutal to when calling games.

The boo's will be bad. The coaching staff knows their time is limited here at IU. I feel for Hunter. Moved from UCONN all the way to Bloomington for a year or two. I hope he's renting.. 

I also feel for Mike Roberts. Had a pretty nice gig before and now he's at his old school about to be fired. 

Just now, IU-DL said:

@Chris007 Who do you consider to be at "Brad Stevens" level? Meaning - if a donor said "this is a grand slam, here's the 10M" - who are those candidates? Chris Beard, Brad Stevens...who else? 

Billy Donovan would be on that list. I'm not sure who else. Hopefully, others can help. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Just in case you happen to be filing things away somewhere in a folder titled "why do I get personally attacked on this board?" Put this in there for your next search of evidence. Oh, and I'd suggest never showing your daughter what is in that folder. 

Someone not caring about an IU team shouldn't get them personally attacked on a message board. Plenty of other people, both men and women, share his opinion. If they didn't, the women's team's attendance wouldn't be a fraction of the men's. They just don't say it because people like you think it's grounds for personally attacking someone. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Someone not caring about an IU team shouldn't get them personally attacked on a message board. Plenty of other people, both men and women, share his opinion. If they didn't, the women's team's attendance wouldn't be a fraction of the men's. They just don't say it because people like you think it's grounds for personally attacking someone. 

Get lost dude. I literally said earlier in this thread I don't even pay attention to the women's team. I don't care who cares about them or not. If they weren't good, I probably wouldn't know who the coach even is. If you thought that was why I was calling his comment out, you missed the point. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Plenty of people do not also share his opinion, like me. I thought it was one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a long time. There is no reason fans can't like multiple IU programs. Basketball hasn't been the moneymaker it used to be in a long time.  

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Get lost dude. I literally said earlier in this thread I don't even pay attention to the women's team. I don't care who cares about them or not. If they weren't good, I probably wouldn't know who the coach even is. If you thought that was why I was calling his comment out, you missed the point. 

If it wasn't why you were calling his comment out then you wouldn't have highlighted "I really don't care how good the women's team is." But, you did. 

I'm being naive and as George Costanza said "if I stay I get it all" but: I wonder if there is any chance Dolson and Archie come to a agreement and he resigns and IU is not responsible to pay the whole amount of the remainder of his contract. Archie has to be miserable and although coaches are  competitor's I wonder if he's just ready to move on? Yes I know money and this is a pipe dream but......