Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I listen to Titus & Tate a bunch.. Titus is from Indiana and grew up an Indiana fan. He was a walk-on at Ohio State and brings up Thad all the time. He was linked with Wichita State this past year so he's definitely at least considering making a return to coaching. Honestly his resume is better than I remember. If his back is in better shape, I'd definitely be on board. 

image.thumb.png.e513397bc9cf7708ca38e6c0603e84fc.png

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Do you know if corporate sponsors have decreased? My employer was one and we decided to go another route with that $. That was before COVID and I bet other $ dried up this year since we could not go to games or take guests. It probably got lost in with COVID but wondering if others officially dropped out as we did.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Football is carrying us in everything right now. 

This is a simple litmus test(finance aside):

In four years IU has been owned by UW, PUke and for Christ's sake Rutgers.   They've even struggled against perennial basement dwellers, Northwestern and Nebraska. 

Not working.

McHoop

10 hours ago, Treesh said:

Feel for the support staff and assistant coaches, especially Hunter. They all are about to be unemployed. 

People don't realize this aspect of it or they just don't care. But when it happened to my wife's family it was devastating. Yeah, you find other jobs but it's just not the same. Sometimes you don't get to do what you love anymore. Just hard on everyone

25 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Thad Matta has been mentioned a total of 8 times on Twitter after our game last night. It appears he's been forgotten about.

Not too many people mentioning Alford. I see some talk of Fife. Zero talk of Chris Beard or Nate Oats. It appears the IU fan base is ready to move on but there doesn't appear to be a true answer to replacing Archie. Well of course, minus Brad Stevens but you know..

Saw some talk on Peegs that Rick Carlise from the MAVS being an option. This is going to be a long two years. 

Thad and Archie are close. Some are saying Thad won't take it because of that friendship. I have no idea about that but that is what the Peegs guys are saying Rabby & Snow

Just now, Chris007 said:

Thad and Archie are close. Some are saying Thad won't take it because of that friendship. I have no idea about that but that is what the Peegs guys are saying Rabby & Snow

Yeah that would be a real crappy deal on Archie's end. Well no matter what, it's going to be a crappy deal for Archie minus the buy-out money of course.

They are close buddies, Thad hasn't coached in four years. It just doesn't add up. Even IU Facebook fans aren't mentioning Thad and they know everything ;) 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Yeah that would be a real crappy deal on Archie's end. Well no matter what, it's going to be a crappy deal for Archie minus the buy-out money of course.

They are close buddies, Thad hasn't coached in four years. It just doesn't add up. Even IU Facebook fans aren't mentioning Thad and they know everything ;) 

I'm going to google what kind of house Brad lives in now around Boston. So we can start checking places here in Bloomington. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm going to google what kind of house Brad lives in now around Boston. So we can start checking places here in Bloomington. 

Sounds like a plan. We got the food covered and the vehicles. I'll call St. Charles and see if the kids can get free tuition!

Just now, Treesh said:

Sounds like a plan. We got the food covered and the vehicles. I'll call St. Charles and see if the kids can get free tuition!

I'm sure Crean's kids did. All he did was buy that crappy floor they have in the gym for a couple grand

I'm worried that When Marcus Smart comes back the Celtics will also acquire a rotation-quality big and get hot.

Is it wrong to say that I'm very much hoping neither of those things happen? Right now the Celtics are using Daniel Theis, Robert Williams, Tristan Thompson, and Grant Williams at the 4/5. As long as that holds and Smart stays out the Celtics will continue to flounder.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm worried that When Marcus Smart comes back the Celtics will also acquire a rotation-quality big and get hot.

Is it wrong to say that I'm very much hoping neither of those things happen? Right now the Celtics are using Daniel Theis, Robert Williams, Tristan Thompson, and Grant Williams at the 4/5. As long as that holds and Smart stays out the Celtics will continue to flounder.

I watch the NBA mainly. Outside of women's basketball and IU basketball I don't watch college basketball. Celtics won't be doing anything this year even when Marcus come back. They have zero bench players minus Pritchard who is just a rookie and limited. Romeo is still hurt and has some things to figure out on offense in the NBA. They have no trade assets outside of Marcus. Kemba can't be traded with his horrible contract.

Stevens has been there since 2013 and has yet to advance to a finals. Tatum and Brown will get testy.. I'd be worried about one of them demanding a trade sooner than later. There just really is no hope for the Celtics unless they trade one of Brown or Tatum to get multiple assets in exchange. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

With the upcoming free agency happening this offseason might be a good time to look at Eric Musselman. No one is better in the transfer market than he is. 

This guy is Tom Crean on steroids, he'd drive us up the wall with his antics. I'm not sold on his coaching ability, Arkansas fans are up and down on him minus his current record. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

With the upcoming free agency happening this offseason might be a good time to look at Eric Musselman. No one is better in the transfer market than he is. 

He's gonna make just under $3 million this year, and his buyout is $1.5 million. This is why sometimes a school should agree to a large buyout--the low buyout makes it easier for a successful coach to be poached.

However, Arky is a "basketball school." I wouldn't be surprised if Arky anted up should a deep pocket come calling.

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Good Lord. Our fan base has sunk to a new low. I just saw a FB post calling for Alan Henderson as head coach. 

Never have so many known so little about so much. 

I'm debating creating a new Facebook profile to comment on some of the posts I see. Seems like a nice hobby to have. LOL