Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

Not reading through 99 pages of this thread to see if his name has been brought up, but listening to Todd Leary on the aftergame show talk about Juwan Howard and how he's done at Michigan, why not give Calbert a chance? He's played in the NBA. He's coached multiple levels. If not Brad Stevens, why not let Calbert have the keys to the Hall? Just my dumb humble opinion 

Michigan already had great players, they still retained Sadie Washington staff. It wasn’t the way CTC left IU.

Just now, Treesh said:

Michigan already had great players, they still retained Sadie Washington staff. It wasn’t the way CTC left IU.

Gotcha. I'm talking now. If Calbert could keep what is here, why not? I read in the game day thread someone said he has no desire to be a head coach at the collegiate level, but, still.  A chance to coach at home? Why the hell not?

Just now, pappy1865 said:

Gotcha. I'm talking now. If Calbert could keep what is here, why not? I read in the game day thread someone said he has no desire to be a head coach at the collegiate level, but, still.  A chance to coach at home? Why the hell not?

I rather give it to Fire. He’s got skin in the game, turned the FW program in the right direction. That’s just me though. 

Just now, Treesh said:

I rather give it to Fire. He’s got skin in the game, turned the FW program in the right direction. That’s just me though. 

I assume autocorrect screwed you, but, yes, I'd be thrilled with Fife. If we can pry him from Izzo. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Coach Knight: "Hey Stew, sing ... " 

Stew Robinson: "Old MacDonald had a farm ... " 

Tonight's game made me cry. That made me laugh.

I paused it to watch Todd Leary and Jim Coyle's post-game feed on Facebook. Can't wait to hit play!

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Coach Knight: "Hey Stew, sing ... " 

Stew Robinson: "Old MacDonald had a farm ... " 

Tonight's game made me cry. That made me laugh.

Yeah same here. Glad someone mentioned this was on after or I would have forgotten it. That was hilarious 

3 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Some drunk dude is messing with Todd Leary at Yogi's, and Todd is about to whip his @$$.  It's kind of funny. Wasn't sure where to post it at.  

What is Leary’s take on the game/team

Nothing against Calbert, but Juwan Howard had been cutting his teeth with the Heat and being part of the Fab 5 which is still resonating in 2020 nearly 30 years after he played at Michigan. Not sure if Chaney would resonate with high school kids in the same way. At least from my view that’s an odd comparison. But anyone else honestly at this rate. Hard watching some of these games

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

What is Leary’s take on the game/team

He's upset that Archie isn't getting it done. Thinks he could, but says this shouldn't fly with the administration. He's pissed as a former player. I do really respect his takes on these games.  He's upset with players not getting it done. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Doesn't Todd already have a felony?  He probably aughta turn the other cheek

Somehow Jamal Meeks just came up and Todd was like, dude, if he were here, this dude would be gone. Todd won't do ish, but it's funny to watch the dude get up in the video feed. Funny, but, disrespectful to tell the truth. 

4 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Nothing against Calbert, but Juwan Howard had been cutting his teeth with the Heat and being part of the Fab 5 which is still resonating in 2020 nearly 30 years after he played at Michigan. Not sure if Chaney would resonate with high school kids in the same way. At least from my view that’s an odd comparison. But anyone else honestly at this rate. Hard watching some of these games

Calbert has been back to IU, the G-League, and back with the Pacers. I guess I'm in that minority of, if you don't have a homerun hire, screw it. Give him a chance. Kids know the IU culture, and the chance to play for the Big 10's leading scorer? Why the h-e-double hockey sticks not? Again, I know it's not the most popular opinion, but hey, I like good discussion. 

5 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Calbert has been back to IU, the G-League, and back with the Pacers. I guess I'm in that minority of, if you don't have a homerun hire, screw it. Give him a chance. Kids know the IU culture, and the chance to play for the Big 10's leading scorer? Why the h-e-double hockey sticks not? Again, I know it's not the most popular opinion, but hey, I like good discussion. 

At this point, fresh blood will likely get an uptick with recruits, as Archie seems to have been figured out and has lost recruiting mojo at least for this years class as evidenced by Duncomb being the only commit when their seems to be a desperate need for more.

Chaney, Fife or whoever, I’m not the one with the answers but this team is fading fast. Once we miss the tourney what’s the bright spot? We didn’t lose 12 of 13? Just sad as I thought Archie would work here

8 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

As I have said before, I would take the kid who coaches the AEPi rec team over this crap.  What's Jordan Hulls up to?  :) 

9 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Yeah same here. Glad someone mentioned this was on after or I would have forgotten it. That was hilarious 

One thing the first 10 min showed you -- success brings on more success.  The kids who grew up in the 70s watching the IU run, became the players of the 80s runs.  Forget all the talk about facilities, uniforms, etc.  Just win baby.  

Thad Matta has been mentioned a total of 8 times on Twitter after our game last night. It appears he's been forgotten about.

Not too many people mentioning Alford. I see some talk of Fife. Zero talk of Chris Beard or Nate Oats. It appears the IU fan base is ready to move on but there doesn't appear to be a true answer to replacing Archie. Well of course, minus Brad Stevens but you know..

Saw some talk on Peegs that Rick Carlise from the MAVS being an option. This is going to be a long two years.