Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But I don't think Ainge will fire Brad. But maybe Brad says my voice is not working with these guys anymore, so it's time to leave the NBA and take my dream job.

No reason to think this would happen but if Tatum/Brown feel their run under Stevens is over, maybe there’s some movement

18 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We're at Village Deli right now together --- plotting up our agenda. It starts from the ground up!

I can be at Nick's by tipoff tonight to help flesh this out. Yeah it's only a 4.5 hour drive but I need the other 6 hours to figure out how to tell my wife and kids I'm gonna be gone for a few days planning the kidnapping of our next basketball coach and that this is actually a good thing b/c Daddy will not be near as cranky reading bedtime stories after he just spent 2 hours yelling at the TV. If there's even a sliver of hope that this happens, first round at Big Woods is on me after the game. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I can be at Nick's by tipoff tonight to help flesh this out. Yeah it's only a 4.5 hour drive but I need the other 6 hours to figure out how to tell my wife and kids I'm gonna be gone for a few days planning the kidnapping of our next basketball coach and that this is actually a good thing b/c Daddy will not be near as cranky reading bedtime stories after he just spent 2 hours yelling at the TV. If there's even a sliver of hope that this happens, first round at Big Woods is on me after the game. 

Now this is something I can get behind. Plus our families would probably enjoy a little time away from us. 

25 minutes ago, raorIU said:

Oh man, we're just dipping our toes into this coaching-search cycle and it's already at the "real estate search for Brad Stevens" stage. Not sure I'll be able to handle the insanity this time around lol!

I'm pretty sure the coaching search thread when the time comes will be each of our's most visited website. Perhaps our homepage.. 

Okay, maybe I’m out of the loop but did Brad Stevens actually say IU is his dream job? I know Thad Matta said that, but don’t recall Stevens saying it.
Lastly, if Stevens does get fired, is there any actual insight that he would consider? I’m sure we reached out before hiring Archie, but was there any feedback from Brad?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm heading over to Nick's now, just a few minutes walk!  I prefer the kidnapping where we don't injure our future coach, just an FYI.  However, I believe this mission is by "any means possible."

I could use a half strom & a beer delivered to the office. TIA

48 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Okay, maybe I’m out of the loop but did Brad Stevens actually say IU is his dream job? I know Thad Matta said that, but don’t recall Stevens saying it.
Lastly, if Stevens does get fired, is there any actual insight that he would consider? I’m sure we reached out before hiring Archie, but was there any feedback from Brad?
Thanks emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Oh geez Jay. You actually want to kill our joy and take stock of reality?

Okay:

1. "did Brad Stevens actually say IU is his dream job?"           No
  2. "if Stevens does get fired"           He's not going to be fired. Period
  3. "is there any actual insight that he would consider?"           No, there is not. 

There. Now are you happy? Now that the sad gloom of reality has clouded over our teeny-tiny ray of sunlight?   

And now, back to our regularly scheduled pipe dream.    ;)

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay:

3. "is there any actual insight that he would consider?"           No, there is not. 

There. Are you happy now that the sad gloom of reality has clouded over our teeny-tiny ray of sunlight?   

I'm sorry but until Treesh tells me any of this is true I'm not believing any of it.

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay:

There. Are you happy now that the sad gloom of reality has clouded over our teeny-tiny ray of sunlight?   

buzzkill.jpg.9c605161d34e312cd951776002f22660.jpg

Boooooo, reality sucks!

There are coaching candidates every year that seemingly come out of nowhere.  I truly think this Covid situation could play into a positive.  I guarantee some top coaches out there struggled with the year and are trying to determine whether their spot is the best option. If the rest of the year plays out in a way a change is the best option, we must swing for the fences.  Open ended and generic, but if it’s not a coach worth throwing $5 million plus if we have to go this route, I don’t want them.  That’s how small I want our list to be.  I am done with upside coaches.  If this time takes us to our 3rd, 4th, 5th option, our university isn’t serious about basketball.  If we want to be a powerhouse, we need to start acting like one again.  

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

There are coaching candidates every year that seemingly come out of nowhere.  I truly think this Covid situation could play into a positive.  I guarantee some top coaches out there struggled with the year and are trying to determine whether their spot is the best option. If the rest of the year plays out in a way a change is the best option, we must swing for the fences.  Open ended and generic, but if it’s not a coach worth throwing $5 million plus if we have to go this route, I don’t want them.  That’s how small I want our list to be.  I am done with upside coaches.  If this time takes us to our 3rd, 4th, 5th option, our university isn’t serious about basketball.  If we want to be a powerhouse, we need to start acting like one again.  

Not sure I agree. If as you say, "the rest of the year plays out in a way change is our best option" and we exhaust the $5 million per year options like Stevens, Donovan (currently making $6 million per), and Beard (currently at almost $5 million per), then what? That leaves IUBB with two options:

1. Stay with Archie, or
  2. Try another upside hire and hope.

If Archie proves to be surely 'not the guy', I prefer option 2 to option 1. All it takes is one upside hire that is the right guy and we're set for 20 years in theory.