Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Robbie Hummel was talking about IU on SiriusXM B1G radio. He was perplexed at the offense and why no shooters have been recruited. Basically the same things we have talked about

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It has been missing, but to be fair Leal was recruited to do that and Parker Stewart is being brought in to help with that.  The truth is that right now, next season should (emphasis added) be our deepest under Miller (if he's back) in terms of guys who can shoot -- Franklin, Leal, Stewart, Hunter, and I have hope for Lander....and hope that Phin can finally gain confidence.

57 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Robbie Hummel was talking about IU on SiriusXM B1G radio. He was perplexed at the offense and why no shooters have been recruited. Basically the same things we have talked about

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It isnt rocket science. Stewart is probably the only guy on the roster that you could call a proven consistent shooter.

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Tat is already a Top 15 player and arguably Top 10. Great offensive and defensive talent that can play the 3-4 spot. 

In no particular order. Right now I’d take all of these players over Tat.  

1. Lebron.   12. James Harden. 

2. Anthony Davis 13. Kyrie( if Durant can  control him.

3. Kevin durant  14.Luka doncic 

4. Stephon curry 15. The Greek freak .

5. Morant    16. Devin booker 

6. Stephenson  

7. Joel embiid

8. Ben Simmons

9.rudy gobert 

10. Donovan Mitchell

11.Kahi Leonard 

34 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

6. Stephenson  

7. Joel embiid

8. Ben Simmons

9.rudy gobert 

10. Donovan Mitchell

11.Kahi Leonard 

True. Heck even Jokic / Beal / Paul George / Trae Young have a case to be made.

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

6. Stephenson  

7. Joel embiid

8. Ben Simmons

9.rudy gobert 

10. Donovan Mitchell

11.Kahi Leonard 

Don't know if that is a list in order.....but personally, I'd move Giannis way up on that list.....lower both Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving.  Kawhi up, Mitchell down, Doncic up.  But IMO if you can find an argument that Donovan Mitchell is top ten, there certainly is an argument that Tatum is top ten.

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

6. Stephenson  

7. Joel embiid

8. Ben Simmons

9.rudy gobert 

10. Donovan Mitchell

11.Kahi Leonard 

Tatum is overall better than half those guys. He's averaging 25.5 points, 7 boards, 4.5 assists and shooting 40% from 3. 

On 2/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, mdn82 said:
 Damn near every coach is hired to get fired.  I hope you all feel better about yourselves. I hope you all get a bozo button or get whatever it is that makes you all happy.  

Just know Greg Marshall was fired before Archie Miller.  Also, I did not quit posting here because I thought Archie Miller would do good here and he didn’t.  If you truly feel that way, how’s come I haven’t stopped posting over the last 15 years at various sites?  I quit posting here because I wanted to enjoy what I could of the season.  I know you and others won’t understand that, but some of us actually root for success in spite of seeing what is happening.  You give yourself too much credit.  I have been on these boards for four coaching changes.  Negativity doesn’t scare me away.  Repetitive bitching to ***** is enough for a lot of us.  Also if you have something to say to me @ me, don’t say “there are two people...”  Seriously we are adults if you got something to say to me say it.  Don’t be a puss on an anonymous board to puff your chest out.  It’s sad you guys need adulation over something like this.  I hope you all don’t need this in your regular lives lol.

Was wondering where you went glad your healthy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Tatum is overall better than half those guys. He's averaging 25.5 points, 7 boards, 4.5 assists and shooting 40% from 3. 

Maybe because he’s the only good player on his team? One on one, I’ll take my chances.  

Are these 15 NBA players part of our coaching candidates? If not, perhaps we could get back on topic? LeBron ready to hang ‘em up and coach IU?
All these posters saying they won't be a fan no more of alford was coach i thought was crazy. I now see their point of view LeBron would probably be the end of my Fandom lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Are these 15 NBA players part of our coaching candidates? If not, perhaps we could get back on topic? LeBron ready to hang ‘em up and coach IU?

LeBron's about as likely to be our head coach in the future as Brad Stevens is, lol. 

On 2/15/2021 at 10:40 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Huh? Brown averages 26 ppg. Both are two of the best defenders in the NBA. 

Ahhh I see you don’t watch the games.  I would argue that everyone else in that team (smart, and Brown) are put in a position to excel through coach Stevens.  Look at the motions that they run, those are Stevens motions and switches that implements in his system.  I wish Oladipo was in Stevens care, that would have been a sight to see. Anyway thats what makes him the most desired coach in basketball. Who do you think think taught them to be the best defenders in the NBA? I’m talking natural talent that supersedes those players come playoff time (and it’s been proven true thus far).But at this point I think you can’t be convinced otherwise so will just have to leave it at that. Sorry for the late reply, busy with work. 

Can someone explain to me why some people are hung up on a coach needing to be an 'IU guy'? 

I just don't understand how that makes a difference honestly. 

Knight wasn't an 'IU guy'. 

I just don't think you can expect by hiring an IU guy from the Knight era that you're going to replicate the success of the 70s-80s. It doesn't work like that.

But if it just needs to be a guy that went to IU.... give me Tim Priller. 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Can someone explain to me why some people are hung up on a coach needing to be an 'IU guy'? 

I just don't understand how that makes a difference honestly. 

Knight wasn't an 'IU guy'. 

I just don't think you can expect by hiring an IU guy from the Knight era that you're going to replicate the success of the 70s-80s. It doesn't work like that.

But if it just needs to be a guy that went to IU.... give me Tim Priller. 

I see very few on this board that feel the need for an "IU guy." Probably more prevalent among casual fans who want name recognition and aren't as dialed in to deep-dive substance.