Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

38 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Don't make a move on Archie and wait out Stevens. I could get down with that if it even had 10% of coming to fruition, lol. I hate to be so jaded, but these past two games have been brutal even if IU is 1-1. I'm not convinced last year's team wasn't better.

10% is too high.  Think too many people invest in lottery tickets.  They are crummy Christmas gifts.

My honest opinion at this point is that Miller will be back next year (I do hope we at least have a tournament bid out of it).  IU has been reluctant to move on quickly before and the loss of revenue from the pandemic + the additional buy out package IMO will keep Archie here through 2022. 

This. I want Archie gone, but I don't see it happening. Because of money

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I just wish Sampson wouldn't have F'd up. IMO we'd be back to blue blood status.

I think F'd up makes it seem like an accident.  He didn't **** up......what he did was deliberate.  And I don't care if rules have been changed now that would have allowed what he did.  He knew the spotlight was going to be on his recruiting actions.  I also have no doubt he's still playing outside the lines at Houston.

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Some of you guys are in fantasy land. Starting to look like the The thread when Crean was fired.

You mean when he was replaced by Billy Donovan?

I just don't get the sentiment I hear from some people saying "the administration is a joke, the program is a joke, but hey I'm sure we'd have the pick of the litter in who coaches us next'.

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I think F'd up makes it seem like an accident.  He didn't **** up......what he did was deliberate.  And I don't care if rules have been changed now that would have allowed what he did.  He knew the spotlight was going to be on his recruiting actions.  I also have no doubt he's still playing outside the lines at Houston.

Maybe he is, but the NCAA doesn’t care enough to stop him. So he’s 17-2 and #8 in the country. The only issue with his time at IU, as far as I’m concerned, was the character of player he was bringing in. I couldn’t care less about him breaking a phone call rule that the NCAA doesn’t even care about or consider improper now.. 

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Some of you guys are in fantasy land. Starting to look like the The thread when Crean was fired.

Next we will be hearing about Stevens, Donovan or others looking at houses in Bloomington

I'm not pretending to think Stevens will come here, but if the Celtics were to indeed move on from Stevens (I don't pay attention to the NBA or it's rumors, which is all I was intending to respond to) then I'd prefer not to move onto a coach in the first year of his tenure in the offseason Stevens became available, whether that's this offseason or next. Programs can't operate that way, obviously, but the Stevens fantasy is a nice thought to go down during some of these absolute slogs that I've been seeing on the court lately. I'd like to think I'm a bit more grounded in my thinking when it comes to IU. Just these past few games have had me ready to move on. Just felt compelled to respond as I don't want to be in fantasy land, even if I'd prefer it opposed to the reality that was IU basketball against NW and OSU this past week as that was ugly.

As much as the Celtics have struggled this year, they're the 5th seed right now and 3 games out of the 2nd seed. If the Celtics make any moves, firing Brad Stevens is probably not going to be one of them. 

And even if they did fire him, it'd be about 30 minutes before another NBA snatches him up. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

As much as the Celtics have struggled this year, they're the 5th seed right now and 3 games out of the 2nd seed. If the Celtics make any moves, firing Brad Stevens is probably not going to be one of them. 

And even if they did fire him, it'd be about 30 minutes before another NBA snatches him up. 

Yep him and Donovan are NBA coaches unless they don’t want to be. Not because the NBA decides they don’t want them. 

13 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Next we will be hearing about Stevens, Donovan or others looking at houses in Bloomington

Who says I didn't see Stevens walking down Kirkwood this morning??!

Looked like he had a cup of coffee from Soma and some breakfast from Village Deli. ;) 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Stevens goes to Duke if he comes back to college.  That's what I'm waiting for, if I'm him.

17 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

He had a top 10-15 player in Kyrie Irving.  I also think that Tatum is going to be top 10-15 (if he's not already) very soon and that Jaylen Brown is a pretty nice #2.  They might be struggling now, but they are a team where some reshuffling of parts could really help.  Really need to get a legitimate big and move a guard.

Ehhhhh from all accounts Irving was a complete head case and at that time I would have taken 15 other players ahead of Kyrie. Tatum can be I agree but right now, he’s not.  Just my opinion 

55 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Ehhhhh from all accounts Irving was a complete head case and at that time I would have taken 15 other players ahead of Kyrie. Tatum can be I agree but right now, he’s not.  Just my opinion 

Tat is already a Top 15 player and arguably Top 10. Great offensive and defensive talent that can play the 3-4 spot.