Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Belmont is 21-1. Casey Alexander did a pretty good job at Lipscomb before that. He’s 48. He’s also from TN and coaching here at his alma mater. The strongest thing I would say is that I’m intrigued. I’m not even advocating that he should be in consideration. Just saying I’m intrigued. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Stuhoo said:

Get past this “multiple final fours/Mark Few/Brad Stevens/geriatrics with no experience/70 year old John ‘players are thugs’ Belien” complete nonsense.

For real?

Darian Devries

Casey Alexander

Dane Fife

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Belmont is 21-1. Casey Alexander did a pretty good job at Lipscomb before that. He’s 48. He’s also from TN and coaching here at his alma mater. The strongest thing I would say is that I’m intrigued. I’m not even advocating that he should be in consideration. Just saying I’m intrigued. 

It took three weeks to add a new passenger, but now there’s two of us on the Casey train.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, brumdog45 said:

He reclassified to be a guy who shoots 30%, can’t play defense, and averages 2points per game.  That’s more than just “not Vonleh”.  He’s not even what Phinisee was as a freshman.

I am glad some other people see this too. How some of these players are rated are beyond me. There is a kid playing for Greensburg right now that would run circles around lander as far as running an offense and getting to the basket. When you have Phinisee and Durham as your guards, and you have a lot of pressure on you as a coach, you need to have a better plan than Lander.

9 hours ago, connchr71 said:

I am glad some other people see this too. How some of these players are rated are beyond me. There is a kid playing for Greensburg right now that would run circles around lander as far as running an offense and getting to the basket. When you have Phinisee and Durham as your guards, and you have a lot of pressure on you as a coach, you need to have a better plan than Lander.

Lol. No there isn’t a player in Greensburg better than Lander. Lol If Lander was still in high school he would be Mr Basketball. 

9 hours ago, connchr71 said:

The kid at Greensburg (whoever he is) is playing 3A high school teams. Lander is a high school senior playing against Big Ten teams. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

This going to be our future coach at Indiana? I love the energy. I don't know if this reminds the admin about a previous coach here.. 

Maybe if more coaches went off, it would create a sense of accountability for the garbage officiating in the sport. 

8 hours ago, Treesh said:

This going to be our future coach at Indiana? I love the energy. I don't know if this reminds the admin about a previous coach here.. 

Actually maybe it is our opportunity. We probably have far more fans here than their message boards do so let’s go join and try and create disarray amongst the fan base. If we can insist this boorish bully is not suitable at TT then maybe he will want to leave and we can bring him in. 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Actually maybe it is our opportunity. We probably have far more fans here than their message boards do so let’s go join and try and create disarray amongst the fan base. If we can insist this boorish bully is not suitable at TT then maybe he will want to leave and we can bring him in. 

That is quite the strategy.  I'm in, where are we going?

3 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Since we're heading to TX to create chaos, can we stop by Houston's board too?

On 2/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, connchr71 said:

If this is one of your 19 posts, I can't wait to read the other 18. WOW

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He didn't just out coach him, he smacked him around like a rag doll. The in-game coaching last night was good as it gets. If you've never set on a bench you probably won't understand but last night was a masterclass on coaching. If we're going to rip him on the bad ones you have to say it also on the good nights. Last night was excellant. 

Fully agree. His ATO's (After Time Out's) were on point last night. Adjustments made on the fly during the Zone were nice. 

The fouls we committed at the end of the regulation to break up their play they had designed in the T.O.

We got Frank some really good looks on several actions in that second half which was nice to see. I thought Archie & Company did a pretty darn good job considering the first half looked like we've never played D1 basketball before. 

55 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He didn't just out coach him, he smacked him around like a rag doll. The in-game coaching last night was good as it gets. If you've never set on a bench you probably won't understand but last night was a masterclass on coaching. If we're going to rip him on the bad ones you have to say it also on the good nights. Last night was excellant. 

I could probably be the unofficial chairman of the Chris Collins Fan Club (which doesn't look great at this point) and have long felt he was better than his record and was worth a look for IU, but I would have to admit Archie had some nice plays and coached a good game last night.  It's hard for me to say anybody thoroughly outcoached anybody else in a game that took 2OT's to decide, but my basketball brain is not that great and I think had IU not gotten down 21-7 to start the game the coaching effort would have been more apparent.