Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

A lot of teams are getting ranked this season. I think it's a combination of the wide disparity in the number of games being played and the traditional powers being down. This would have been a great opportunity for us to get ranked and start re-establishing our brand. Leave it to Archie Miller to completely waste that chance. 

I think the only Big Ten teams that haven't been ranked at some point have been Nebraska, Penn State and...IU. Maybe Maryland. It's still ridiculous. 

We currently hold like an unranked streak that's like 2 weeks less that Nebraska. 

31 minutes ago, Hoosier_roots said:

What do people think about Mike Roberts? I like the guy. I think he’s an interesting prospect. 

What makes him interesting?  IU should have higher expectations than a relatively new assistant coach with no real accomplishments. 

14 minutes ago, IUCane said:

What makes him interesting?  IU should have higher expectations than a relatively new assistant coach with no real accomplishments. 

He seems to have the attitude and history to be a good coach. Understands Indiana. I’m also not one who thinks that Indiana needs to hire a “home run” high price tag guy. 

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

I have no idea what that means but I agree.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

An old Rancher is talking about politics with a young man from the city. He compares a politician to a "post turtle." The young man doesn't understand and asks him what a post turtle is.

The old man says, "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; you wonder who put him there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down."

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

An old Rancher is talking about politics with a young man from the city. He compares a politician to a "post turtle." The young man doesn't understand and asks him what a post turtle is.

The old man says, "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; you wonder who put him there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down."

That’s truly excellent. 

Instead of wishing for IU to tank, we need to start hoping the Celtics continue to be a mediocre NBA team.

Brad has reached the finals yet and he’s been in the league since I was in high school.