Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

According to ESPN, likelihood to win in the rest of our games.. 

Illinois 40%

Iowa 31%

Northwestern 63.5%

Ohio State 34.3%

Minnesota 69.4%

Michigan State 70.9%

Rutgers 48.1%

Michigan 39.6%

Purdue 49%

That puts at 12-13(7-11) without any makeup games. 

Need to win five out of nine. Would also be nice to make up that MSU game and win six out of ten.

Both of those outcomes are completely achievable, as is an outcome that produces sadness.

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Bryce and Bruce? :(

Guess my IU stuff is going in storage. 

More realistic than Brad.

The good news? In my mind's eye picture of Bruce when he comes to IU, he is raising TWO FISTS, not merely one. It's Bruce, but twice as 'fisty'!

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Need to win five out of nine. Would also be nice to make up that MSU game and win six out of ten.

Both of those outcomes are completely achievable, as is an outcome that produces sadness.

Getting to .500 would be huge. Have to protect home court for once because we have 5 home games left. Though I believe we can beat Northwestern and Michigan State on the road, with likely losses to Michigan and Iowa at home. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

More realistic than Brad.

The good news? In my mind's eye picture of Bruce when he comes to IU, he is raising TWO FISTS, not merely one. It's Bruce, but twice as 'fisty'!

The coach who just lost by 50 points in a college basketball game?

The coach who told Hanner he was going to deport him back to his home country if he didn't come to Baylor?

ugh. 

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

The coach who just lost by 50 points in a college basketball game?

The coach who told Hanner he was going to deport him back to his home country if he didn't come to Baylor?

ugh. 

1. His KState squad DID NOT lose by 50 to Baylor; it was a 48 point loss. Moreover, KState only lost by 13 to DIII Ft. Hays State, so that's a significant sign that things can trend better.
  2. No--the coach who threatened to deport Hanner "Hands" Perea was Scott Drew, not his brother Bryce Drew. Scott is currently the coach of undefeated Baylor, and IU cannot and will not get him. Bryce Drew is the former coach at Vandy who went 0-18 in SEC play in his last year there, but is doing far better at Grand Canyon State--this year he has two wins each against Dixie St, Tarleton, and Bethesda. Interestingly, the only D1 top 300 program Bryce has beaten this year is Nevada, which is coached by...ahhhh, ya know.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:
  1. His KState squad DID NOT lose by 50 to Baylor; it was a 48 point loss. Moreover, KState only lost by 13 to DIII Ft. Hays State, so that's a significant sign that things can trend better.
  2. No--the coach who threatened to deport Hanner "Hands" Perea was Scott Drew, not his brother Bryce Drew. Scott is currently the coach of undefeated Baylor, and IU cannot and will not get him. Bryce Drew is the former coach at Vandy who went 0-18 in SEC play in his last year there, but is doing far better at Grand Canyon State--this year he has two wins each against Dixie St, Tarleton, and Bethesda. Interestingly, the only D1 top 300 program Bryce has beaten this year is Nevada, which is coached by...ahhhh, ya know.

I think I need a drink now. :(

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Did #2 really happen? I remember it being discussed on the forums at the time, but if that had gotten out wouldn't it have been a national story? Not saying it didn't, but would have assumed that sports shows would have had a reaction to that story and I can't recall that ever getting traction beyond the forums.

9 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Did #2 really happen? I remember it being discussed on the forums at the time, but if that had gotten out wouldn't it have been a national story? Not saying it didn't, but would have assumed that sports shows would have had a reaction to that story and I can't recall that ever getting traction beyond the forums.

I remember at the time that it was one of his assistants that threatened to have him deported if he didn't go to Baylor. It was one of those "common knowledge" things, but I'm sure it couldn't be proven. Instead, he had to sit out 8 games for bumper stickers. I guess he never recovered from that...

15 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

So IU has played on espn this year even though you said they have played 0 games on espn?     My guess is a recruit like anyone else has a remote control and can switch between games.   Not sure why you are so fixated on espn being there end all for college basketball viewing.   Nova comes to mind as a team that plays almost all of their games on FS1.  I have to watch them on cbssports network.  My guess would be they have been on espn less then 5 times this year.   I think they will survive 

Does this count as ESPN or no?

Es3VAzCXUAU86xB?format=jpg&name=medium

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

You see, you're actually asking the wrong question. The question is, if this ends up on ESPN, does being on ESPN even matter anymore? The answer is no, b/c at that point we will have had exactly ZERO GAMES BROADCAST LIVE ON TIK TOK!! Even if we had games on tik tok it wouldn't matter b/c the real issue is that Archie's polos are always 2 sizes too big. Even the right sized polo won't dig is out of the hole he's put us in b/c it comes down to his waffles needing to be purple. And we all know recruits don't want anything to do with purple waffles. So to answer your question, the answer is clearly false. 

This reminded me of a conversation with my 9 year old niece.  You can be guaranteed to never have a dull conversation with her and you'll learn a few new interesting things you never thought you'd have to fact check.  YouTube and kids curious minds!  I wish the same were true here too.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This may not be for the coaching candidate thread.....but what do you think the chances are that we end up playing a back to back with MSU when they come to Bloomington? We could play an early Saturday tipoff and then a sunday night tipoff. We'd both have at least 2 days off on both sides of those games. Probably zero chance, right?