Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell
Carl Sandburg

Seems like this thread has a bunch of table pounding, and the red herring is most certainly the thread’s mascot.

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell
Carl Sandburg   Seems like this thread has a bunch of table pounding, and the red herring is most certainly the thread’s mascot.    
Sure, because we are program on stable ground with momentum towards something to be excited about.

Archie has shown me nothing to be confident about. He’s an ordinary coach swimming with the big fish now.

If our goal is to be the class of the B1G, Archie ain’t it!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

As much as anybody being recruited by us, which means they will likely follow the relevant accounts, needs to see. But once again, way to just zoom past the point, and as previously mentioned by Hov, just change what the argument is about. 

The same? No. Indiana's is pretty negative. Even from the usual sunshine pumping accounts. It's not going away from anything. It's just continuing to prove how low Archie has put the program. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They just got back Tatum. They will be rolling again soon. 

^^This^^

Especially this year, teams that are at full strength will steamroll 'others'. Not at full strength? Look at the Heat: Currently no Butler, Herro, Dragic, Iguadola, or Bradley. And...6-12. 

Boston is 10-7, and their lineup is now Smart, Tatum, Theis, Brown, and Walker. That'll do the job just fine, and as always, Stevens and the Celtics will continue to be a happy marriage.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

Especially this year, teams that are at full strength will steamroll 'others'. Not at full strength? Look at the Heat: Currently no Butler, Herro, Dragic, Iguadola, or Bradley. And...6-12. 

Boston is 10-7, and their lineup is now Smart, Tatum, Theis, Brown, and Walker. That'll do the job just fine, and as always, Stevens and the Celtics will continue to be a happy marriage.

The Celtics will trade Stevens when they get 45 picks for a 35 year old Tatum on a decline. Probably to Brooklyn. 

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

With one of the worst bench units in the league, no cap space for future stars, and washed starting point guard in Kemba. I don't see the Celtics doing anything anytime soon. 

If he likes the get 50 wins and not get to the finals then so be it. 

14 minutes ago, Treesh said:

With one of the worst bench units in the league, no cap space for future stars, and washed starting point guard in Kemba. I don't see the Celtics doing anything anytime soon. 

That's his floor, and yes...he likes that setup a lot more than chasing recruits and their high school handlers.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

That's his floor, and yes...he likes that setup a lot more than chasing recruits and their high school handlers.

My question to that would be if Brad came back to college would he really have to chase recruits and their handlers? Doesn't seem like Cal & Coach K chase them. I think kids would chase Brad to play for him. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't blame him one bit! But I'm going to need him to suck it up and come coach the Hoosiers. He would just fit the picture of Indiana Basketball. I can already imagine it. I might make a graphic for it lol

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My question to that would be if Brad came back to college would he really have to chase recruits and their handlers? Doesn't seem like Cal & Coach K chase them. I think kids would chase Brad to play for him. 

Even Robert M. Knight had to drive four hours to sit in Mary Thomas's living room in Chicago Heights. Was willing to get into a fistfight with older brother on the front lawn of this place:

NBA Legend Isiah Thomas Visits Ford Heights | Chicago Heights, IL Patch

So yes, for certain recruits when the competition is Cal, Izzo, JHoward (apparently), Few, Roy, and K there's absolutely some sucking upping and chasing involved.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Even Robert M. Knight had to drive four hours to sit in Mary Thomas's living room in Chicago Heights. Was willing to get into a fistfight with older brother on the front lawn of this place:

NBA Legend Isiah Thomas Visits Ford Heights | Chicago Heights, IL Patch

So yes, for certain recruits when the competition is Cal, Izzo, JHoward (apparently), Few, Roy, and K there's absolutely some sucking upping and chasing involved.

You and I are not on the same page today. HAHA You are making way too much sense for 2021

36 minutes ago, Treesh said:

There aren't many good benches in the NBA. Maybe a player or 2 at best. Once it gets to the playoffs, Tatum, Brown and Kemba will probably be playing 40+ a game with Smart not too far behind.