Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

But but but but 

He just needs his players

It takes 3 years to implement his system 

Its all Justin Smith and Devonte Greens fault good riddance 

It was all Ed Schilling and Bruiser Flints fault good riddance 

Injuries 

Covid 

Mercury is in retrograde 

Hollywood makes unnecessary remakes 

15 hours ago, coonhounds said:

If archie does indeed get one more year and tjd stays for the sake of this argument how well do we need to do to keep archie? You can also say if we are getting some good recruits or also without. I remember crean looked to be on his way out but landed thomas Bryant I doubt it played a role but maybe it did. Just a example

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The other side of the coin is what is the minimum he needs to be retained?  not what I want but what will prevent the AD from making a change.

I would say if he gets the team to a sweet 16 he is safely back. He might even be safe in the AD and media’s eyes if we finish in top 5 of the conference but flame out early in the tournament. 

What if he finishes top 4 of the conference and gets us to the elite 8. I would not be surprised then to start hearing about an extension. A “good” coach can’t recruit if his contract is in its latter years. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

People can complain, whine do whatever they want but IU isn't firing Archie after this season. 

That gives Nate Oats step tournaments to make a run that silences the one remaining knock some have against him

People can complain, whine do whatever they want but IU isn't firing Archie after this season. 
Yep, I want to see him gone, but I'm 99.9% positive he will be back for at leastb1 more year. I can't see them paying this year's salary, the 10 mil payoff, plus whatever they pay a new coach with revenue being down

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Exactly. 

Arch is here to stay! Until maybe next year if he can't pull it together lol. 

Nonetheless, if we do get a new coach, can we please bring back the old uniforms? These updated jerseys are terrible. Bring back the old school look!

I look forward to reading the same thing over and over again, and then again, and then over and over again a few more times, from the same people for another offseason and all of next season. Also excited about anyone who accepts the statement you make,  understands there is nothing that will happen to change it, and chooses to try to focus on anything other than constant negativity as people who just don't get it. Long live the pumpers vs. the dumpers. 
And it bleeding over to other threads

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Yep, I want to see him gone, but I'm 99.9% positive he will be back for at leastb1 more year. I can't see them paying this year's salary, the 10 mil payoff, plus whatever they pay a new coach with revenue being down

Exactly if other departments here at IU have to give the athletic department money to get buy, then no way we can afford a buyout. Also, remember we have a new president coming in this summer. So unless a booster wants to step up and pay the whole buyout, then nothing is changing

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Exactly if other departments here at IU have to give the athletic department money to get buy, then no way we can afford a buyout. Also, remember we have a new president coming in this summer. So unless a booster wants to step up and pay the whole buyout, then nothing is changing

Unfortunately I believe you Chris. Archie is not the answer and never will be. If anyone thinks we are better next year they are crazy. My question is this: As you are connected at IU does he have a good relationship with his peers? Dolson? Archie seems arrogant, standoff-ish. Is perception reality? If true all things mentioned can't do him many favors with his peers and Dolson. Maybe he knows whose *ss to kiss. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Edited by OldBuddy67

15 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Unfortunately I believe you Chris. Archie is not the answer and never will be. If anyone thinks we are better next year they are crazy. My question is this: As you are connected at IU does he have a good relationship with his peers? Dolson? Archie seems arrogant, standoff-ish. Is perception reality? If true all things mentioned can't do him many favors with his peers and Dolson. Maybe he knows whose *ss to kiss. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Call me crazy as the leader of the Archie bandwagon, but I think there is a chance.. a chance to be better next year. Assuming nature take it's course and our players develop, TJD returns, and we add Parker and Joey / Luke.. I mean.. on paper... and don't forget.. Al can return for another year... yeah it's all wishful thinking but...

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Call me crazy as the leader of the Archie bandwagon, but I think there is a chance.. a chance to be better next year. Assuming nature take it's course and our players develop, TJD returns, and we add Parker and Joey / Luke.. I mean.. on paper... and don't forget.. Al can return for another year... yeah it's all wishful thinking but...

But do we really want Al to return? No. He just eats up minutes for guys like Leal who can be better. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But do we really want Al to return? No. He just eats up minutes for guys like Leal who can be better. 

Yeah I agree. Nothing against him, he’s been a decent player, but he’s had his time and doesn’t fill a position of need. 

I fully believe if tjd returns we are definitely better next year and anyone who says otherwise is crazy imo. How much better and will we have a future after with recruiting being down? That the big question. We need to be better but also need to land some impact players to have a future with archie imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Treesh said:

And, I'm still really intrigued by what Chris007 mentioned about Brooks and Henry having been discussed. Not getting hopes up, and certainly not implying that he made it seem likely, but.....

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah I agree. Nothing against him, he’s been a decent player, but he’s had his time and doesn’t fill a position of need. 

If he were still a 40% 3pt shooter and we had an offense that got shooters open and he was just a compliment to the offense and not a big part of it... He'd be better. He really is a bench player on a B1G title contender. At best. What other Big Ten school would he start for? Nebraska?

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I can agree with this. Al doesn't have a future in the NBA, maybe oversea's he could play. 

But we could maybe use the depth since we're only bringing in Parker and Luke. Unless another transfer / recruit is in the works? Leal / Kristian / Trey / Jordan all need the playing time for sure.. but Al supplies good defense and the occasional 3 here and there. Bone head decisions yes but depth wouldn't be a bad thing for Archie's run at the tourney next year. With our injury history.. hell we might need him.lol 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I figured this as well. In fact I told several people that we need to get used to mediocrity until his contract is up.

The only thing that makes me wonder is that next year he would only have a year left on his contract. That makes recruiting even harder than it seems it has been for him lately. Who wants to play for a coach on the hot seat with a year left on his contract?