Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We are now at 39 straight missed AP Polls. 

Just save yourself some trouble and call it 46 because this team is not going to be ranked the rest of this season although some of its play is pretty rank.

I don't know of one player that's developed under Archie, so maybe transferring to a coach with a good history of development wouldn't be a bad idea. 

I don’t think Archie’s “development” (or lack there of) is what should be focused on here. I think recruiting the right players or creating an environment of development is the true shortcoming.

Race has developed his game while at IU. Armaan has made a great freshman to sophomore jump, injuries have derailed that a bit. Morgan develop between sophomore and junior year. Freddie McSwain was doing things I didn’t think he was capable of doing his senior year.

The point is we don’t have a consistent player development system. That’s on Archie to recruit the right players and create that program. It’s on the players to actually do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hey, the mags got it right again. Well, in the ballpark.  We always view our teams with Crimson glasses.  Sometimes you can exceed the mags/predictions  (hard to do) or not live up them (UK-this year).  We will project in the same area next year too, UNLESS TJD RETURNS AND WE ADD ONE PROVEN PIECE.  Can we outdo the projections?  Sure.  Will we?  I wouldn’t count on it.  The evidence is there for us.

our recruiting isn’t great.  Our development isn’t great, although i do see some, our coaching isn’t great in game, our offensive style is boring and hard to watch half of the time.  

I mostly, just wish Archie could recruit better. His recruiting has been my biggest disappointment relative to what I expected when he was hired.  

If archie does indeed get one more year and tjd stays for the sake of this argument how well do we need to do to keep archie? You can also say if we are getting some good recruits or also without. I remember crean looked to be on his way out but landed thomas Bryant I doubt it played a role but maybe it did. Just a example

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If archie does indeed get one more year and tjd stays for the sake of this argument how well do we need to do to keep archie? You can also say if we are getting some good recruits or also without. I remember crean looked to be on his way out but landed thomas Bryant I doubt it played a role but maybe it did. Just a example

Finish Top 3 in the B1G and no less than an Elite 8. Stay Top 15 most of the season. Win at least a game in the Big Ten Tourney. 

20 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well any time he even shoots a 17 footer, it looks absolutely awful and he looks beyond scared to have even shot it. 

My post was in reply to the staff wanting TJD to expand his game, not what the expansion looks like. 

It's because TJD doesn't try anything outside of 5 feet any more (and when he did earlier in the season it looked awful) that he'll play college ball again next year.

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow.

You are kinda blinded by your hate for Archie. He does exactly that on a reasonably regular basis.

The Archie results have been ‘meh’, but at least criticize for things that are factual.

Well because he doesn't. Like never. Or ever pull guys for stupid plays. He really only likes pulling Lander and Geronimo after playing well. 

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well because he doesn't. Like never. Or ever pull guys for stupid plays. He really only likes pulling Lander and Geronimo after playing well. 

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wonder what it's like to beat a crappy team at home..

See posts about “blinded by hate” above.

Repeat as necessary.

6 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Weve watched 50 Archie Miller losses in less than 4 full seasons.....

But but but but 

He just needs his players

It takes 3 years to implement his system 

Its all Justin Smith and Devonte Greens fault good riddance 

It was all Ed Schilling and Bruiser Flints fault good riddance 

Injuries 

Covid 

Mercury is in retrograde 

Hollywood makes unnecessary remakes 

11 hours ago, coonhounds said:

In my mind, if that’s the scenario, we should be battling for the Big Ten title. We don’t have to win it but it should be coming down to the last week. Wisconsin might have a team of 25/26 year olds next season. Lol. We should also be in the second weekend of the NCAA’s. NCAA run won’t dictate keeping Archie or not. The regular season should dictate that. As I type that I’m thinking what if we finish 6th and make a final four... yeah he stays.