Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

19 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Please. This board would erupt if Stevens, Donavan, or Beard were hired. There are such things as home runs hires. The names alone are home runs. 

Not a guaranteed home run they could decide they liked the NBA and bolt after a few seasons. There are no guarantees 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So you'd rather just continue the Archie trash than to actually try?

If we’re going to fire Archie and hire a guy like Steve Alford, then YES. 

I don’t know who is on the list, no one here does. But a coach leaving their cozy job and coming to Indiana (trending downward the last 7 years) scares me a little. 

I don’t want to see another coaching candidate thread here in 4 years. This will be Dolson’s first hire and his most important hire. 

Im worried.

Iowa was fools gold even though we have all given Archie the benefit of the doubt he could get us to better success. He’s just not a good in game coach and not playing Geronimo until the second half is a good example. What’s his buyout this year if we make a change? Beard can coach and recruit and it takes a combination of both to win big.

Just now, schoosier said:

Iowa was fools gold even though we have all given Archie the benefit of the doubt he could get us to better success. He’s just not a good in game coach and not playing Geronimo until the second half is a good example. What’s his buyout this year if we make a change? Beard can coach and recruit and it takes a combination of both to win big.

$10 mil after on April 1st. Around $3 mil next April. 

9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I don’t know who is on the list, no one here does. But a coach leaving their cozy job and coming to Indiana (trending downward the last 7 years) scares me a little. 

I don’t want to see another coaching candidate thread here in 4 years. This will be Dolson’s first hire and his most important hire. 

Im worried.

And that's exactly why Indiana is where they v are now. Scared. 

6 minutes ago, Feathery said:

$10 mil after on April 1st. Around $3 mil next April. 

Yes. 

Don’t expect a buyout anytime soon given the athletics department deficit last year and this year. Boosters won’t bail us out. 

12 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Im worried.

Alford would be the wrong choice for off court reasons and I oppose the pick on basketball grounds, too.

But I think it’s clear as day that he’d win more than Archie from Day 1 based on his track record.

The local IU writers seem less supportive than at the end of the Cream days. Not completely blasting Archie but pointing out that a lack of momentum the last 3 years is a hallmark of who we are, Iowa looks like a fluke, nothing new here as Archies Hoosiers cannot maintain momentum. 

certainly true but in the past some of these guys were hesitant to go negative and lose access. 

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

The local IU writers seem less supportive than at the end of the Cream days. Not completely blasting Archie but pointing out that a lack of momentum the last 3 years is a hallmark of who we are, Iowa looks like a fluke, nothing new here as Archies Hoosiers cannot maintain momentum. 

certainly true but in the past some of these guys were hesitant to go negative and lose access. 

The thing is that if there were any minimal advances, the heat wouldn't be that bad.  Playing two good games in a row seems beyond our m.o. at this point.....any optimism gets struck down quickly.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Indeed. Archie has to be feeling the pressure. His time is indeed running out and without major success by next April, he will be replaced. Local media and fan base in general has seen enough for the most part. 

It’s not looking good at all.

18 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Indeed. Archie has to be feeling the pressure. His time is indeed running out and without major success by next April, he will be replaced. Local media and fan base in general has seen enough for the most part. 

It’s not looking good at all.

I did not feel good at all about us parting ways with Crean at the time. It was definitely time, but I very much liked Tom Crean, the guy, even if he was a bit maniacal. It also felt like his players would fall on a sword for him. Even years later, old players came around. Archie.. has what I would call zero success here, and his old players don't really fawn(sp?) over him. I can't help but wonder if we'd have another sweet 16 run at least if Crean were still here. He, if anything, could catch some momentum in a season. Archie, can't get this program out of 2nd gear apparently.

Separately, none of this feels good because even if the one of the available guys come here, are they ANY better than the Crean/IU era? 

8 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I did not feel good at all about us parting ways with Crean at the time. It was definitely time, but I very much liked Tom Crean, the guy, even if he was a bit maniacal. It also felt like his players would fall on a sword for him. Even years later, old players came around. Archie.. has what I would call zero success here, and his old players don't really fawn(sp?) over him. I can't help but wonder if we'd have another sweet 16 run at least if Crean were still here. He, if anything, could catch some momentum in a season. Archie, can't get this program out of 2nd gear apparently.

Separately, none of this feels good because even if the one of the available guys come here, are they ANY better than the Crean/IU era? 

Crean also had a recruiting momentum drop at the end but I think he could have gotten us back to the sweet 16. He may have done better than that it’s just his down years we’re just as frequent and he could not maintain success.