Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Not happening this year.  Even if it did we'd turn around and give someone like Oats a top 10 contract then be in the same boat in 4 years.

IF we would legitimately pay up for a top candidate, BD, Brad, etc then I am fine waiting. That does not seem to be either our approach or what we can attract. So, if our way to success is to hope we hit with a mid major or up and comer with limited tenure then I think we have enough evidence to make that change and am fine with Oats.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie may really benefit from an empty AH. I know we hate boo birds at home but those have often depicted the mood of the fan base amidst a too tolerant admin. ADs don’t like dealing with those

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We get a better coach. 

A better coach is up in the air. And sure you can respond with “anyone is better than Archie” but I’m not trying to be the Pacers of college basketball. 

Home run hire or keep Archie. That’s the options.

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

A better coach is up in the air. And sure you can respond with “anyone is better than Archie” but I’m not trying to be the Pacers of college basketball. 

That doesn't make any sense at all. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

You literally can’t know if a hire is a home run hire or not.  But if a guy clearly can’t even get on base you gotta try again 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

You literally can’t know if a hire is a home run hire or not.  But if a guy clearly can’t even get on base you gotta try again 

Please. This board would erupt if Stevens, Donavan, or Beard were hired. There are such things as home runs hires. The names alone are home runs. 

Please. This board would erupt if Stevens, Donavan, or Beard were hired. There are such things as home runs hires. The names alone are home runs. 

Beard is Large tier below the other 2. Beard would be a great hire but he isn’t Donovan or Stevens.

We need a new voice. I would be willing to bet many players would welcome it. But either way, this isn’t working to the extent Indiana should expect.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app