Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Father of 1. And yep. I'd move on and tell her it'd be best to move on after 20 years. 

You’d gladly cheer on somebody who mentally tortured your daughter after she was raped as long as a few decades had passed?  

Still waiting on someone to give me evidence that Alford would be an upgrade...so far, all I've gotten is "he has as many Sweet 16's as we do in the last 25 years." 

Upgrade vs Archie? Archie has at best gotten us in the NCAAs as one of the last teams in. Alford took UCLA to the tournament 4 times in 5.5 years and got to 3 sweet 16s. That is better than Archie. Even at Iowa he took them to the tournament 3 times in 8 years. At Iowa he won the BTT twice as well.

He did not have great results but compared to Archie Alford is miles ahead. He also did not take long to have a competitive team at either UCLA or Iowa.

I am not an Alford advocate btw but he has had better results than Archie

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Still waiting on someone to give me evidence that Alford would be an upgrade...so far, all I've gotten is "he has as many Sweet 16's as we do in the last 25 years." 

Someone wrote -- maybe it was you, I don't recall for sure -- asking unless Alford went to IU, would we have any interest in him based on his coaching achievements? I think the answer would be a pretty obvious no. 

On 1/18/2021 at 7:22 PM, 8bucks said:

Good article on Scott Drew from last year. I personally love how he built Baylor of all places to a level that he could bring in 5 star talent. He then learned though that those guys did not often come with hunger and is now reaping the success of a Villanova style - get old stay old - approach. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/02/28/scott-drew-baylor-basketball

I thought he was a scumbag due to the threats his staff made to Hanner Perea?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2010/10/12/baylor-in-hot-water-over-perea-recruitment/

He's appears to morally bankrupt, hiding behind that faux piety.  But that truly does not matter, if he can win here, right?

But, yes, everyone keep piling on the Sandwich for forgiving Alford his sins.

8 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Father of 1 as well. Do the rest of the world a favor and please make sure you are never in any position whatsoever to advocate for/mentor/coach/teach/etc. women for the entirety of your existence. This comment alone makes you are wholly unfit to do so. 

Now translate that statement into something that would get me banned from this board....that’s what I really mean. 

Don't worry. Already done that. Great group of girls I was to coach. They were awesome. Even though the twins tried killing each other before each game. 

1 hour ago, Redleader said:

I thought he was a scumbag due to the threats his staff made to Hanner Perea?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2010/10/12/baylor-in-hot-water-over-perea-recruitment/

He's appears to morally bankrupt, hiding behind that faux piety.  But that truly does not matter, if he can win here, right?

But, yes, everyone keep piling on the Sandwich for forgiving Alford his sins.

You can only have a problem with Alford. Banner is a man so he's fine. Fife has been at RapeU for however long but it's a good candidate. 

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You’d gladly cheer on somebody who mentally tortured your daughter after she was raped as long as a few decades had passed?  

Would I cheer for them? No. Would I forgive them? Yes. And I'd suggest my daughter to do the same. That's a lot of weight on one person. Would be best for her mentally. 

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Would I cheer for them? No. Would I forgive them? Yes. And I'd suggest my daughter to do the same. That's a lot of weight on one person. Would be best for her mentally. 

That’s what your suggesting you would do for Alford. Help pay his salary and cheer him on. Despicable