Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So something critical for me is I want a coach that has had success at a high level and won a conference tournament at least once. I would rather find a guy that’s made a sweet sixteen or 2 but managed to a conference tourney versus a guy who had one good run in the tourney. 

Success in conference and conference tournaments is key to getting a good seed.  Archie had the top seed 4 times in the A10 tourney and couldn’t win it.  We had a play in game against OSU and we couldn’t be bothered to show up. People might hate them but conference tourneys matter. 

I absolutely hate conference tourneys, but not winning it in 2013 pretty much sealed our date to not win a title..  that and Crean not knowing Cuse would play zone... A team he coached against in the Big East.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I absolutely hate conference tourneys, but not winning it in 2013 pretty much sealed our date to not win a title..  that and Crean not knowing Cuse would play zone... A team he coached against in the Big East.

Crean absolutely knew they would play Zone. He just thought he was the smartest guy in the room and had  better way to combat a zone. Him and Archie have the same flaw. Always convinced their system is fine 

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This is what we get from our coach.. as if he doesn't control who is on the floor.. a coach who found 28 minutes for Al Durham and 27 for Galloway. 

Screenshot_20210119-124021_Twitter.jpg

I guess he said on his radio show we need to fix the defense. Like WTF he knows our offense is garbage right?

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The university is never going to hire a coach that's got a questionable history with the NCAA so you can forget about Calipari, Pearl and several others.

Would Scott Drew be considered an “other?”

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Crean absolutely knew they would play Zone. He just thought he was the smartest guy in the room and had  better way to combat a zone. Him and Archie have the same flaw. Always convinced their system is fine 

It might be better if he didn't, because to know they would and still approach that horribly...oof

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

CTC put in 42 sets the week leading up to Cuse to play against the Zone. 

42 plays. 

for a 2-3 Zone. 

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

42 plays. 

for a 2-3 Zone. 

Was one of the for Cody to take the 12 footer in the middle of the zone?  Basically a free throw but he drove every time he caught that. 

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Was one of the for Cody to take the 12 footer in the middle of the zone?  Basically a free throw but he drove every time he caught that. 

And with his shoulder lowered like a football running back.  That memory is forever etched in my mind.

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And with his shoulder lowered like a football running back.  That memory is forever etched in my mind.

Followed by getting stuffed and moaning while falling to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

42 plays. 

for a 2-3 Zone. 

It was an absolute crime to have the shooters that team did and not design something to effectively attack a zone you 100% knew was coming. He committed 42 high crimes. 

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This is what we get from our coach.. as if he doesn't control who is on the floor.. a coach who found 28 minutes for Al Durham and 27 for Galloway. 

Screenshot_20210119-124021_Twitter.jpg

Anthony Leal should have played no less than 15-20 minutes in that game and he got 4. He is a solid defender so there is no reason to keep him out for defense and a good shooter which we desperately need. That one was a real head scratcher.