Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nope—that is about the current expectation based on who we still play.

It could get a whole lot worse.  Do you know how many remaining games we have against Nebraska, Penn St, and Maryland?

ZERO

Hmm, I think it is that current expectation that is driving this conversation. I call that tanking. 8-12 in conference is a bottom feeder, like 10th place ish

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well I hope your one man protest brings you a feeling of righteousness.

It's just basketball to me

I will sleep soundly at night knowing I’m not knowingly lining the pockets of somebody terrorizes rape victims. 

This fanbase tore Sampson to shreds for minor recruiting violations.  If we welcome in Alford after that it really says a lot about this fanbase.  Especially considering Sampson is a better coach as well 

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Scott Drew with Tonagel and a couple IU guys on his staff would get me excited 

I am with you with Drew.   Not a Brad level hire but a solid triple with historical success in a tough conference.  I would be happy with the level of success he has had vs what we have had and would love worrying about whether he can get over the hump and win a championship vs worrying about whether we have enough quality wins to get an at large bid. 

I think the more I read about Nate Oats the more I want him as the next coach. Watching his teams play is fun and exciting and I think that's something that has been missing with Archie. I think his system is one that would lend itself to recruits wanting to play for him as well. Watching Alabama, they play with a freedom and confidence that also seems to be lacking with our current team. He holds his players accountable which is another thing I know we've been clamoring for Archie to do. He benched two of their best players when they were 5-3 and they have been undefeated since. Plus I think he has the personality to deal with all the pressure that comes with the job. I doubt it would take 4 years for him to turn things around since he's turned around Alabama in two years. 

22 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

MY Top 5 and who I want

1. John Beilein

2. Avery Johnson

3. Steve Alford

4. Dana Altman

5. Jon Scheyer

By the start of next season, Dana Altman will be 63 and John Beilein will be 68!

Scheyer is the heir apparent at Duke; doubt he’d be interested given that Coach K is turning 74 next month.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

By the start of next season, Dana Altman will be 63 and John Beilein will be 68!

Scheyer is the heir apparent at Duke; doubt he’d be interested given that Coach K is turning 74 next month.

Yea age isn't an issue. At 68, thats another good 10 years he could put in. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea. Stevens, Donovan, Scott Drew or whoever else aren't leaving where they are. 

Your list is depressing. Scott Drew has Indiana ties, coaches in Waco and doesn’t make much money compared to what he would get paid at IU. Not saying he would leave but unless you know that as a fact I think he is exactly the type we could and should be talking to. Seems from the outside he is a realistic candidate

Good article on Scott Drew from last year. I personally love how he built Baylor of all places to a level that he could bring in 5 star talent. He then learned though that those guys did not often come with hunger and is now reaping the success of a Villanova style - get old stay old - approach. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/02/28/scott-drew-baylor-basketball

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea. Stevens, Donovan, Scott Drew or whoever else aren't leaving where they are. 

That's cool.  I am just a bit surprised to see Avery Johnson as your #2, but it makes sense seeing as how he crushed it at Alabama in his four years - w/one 20 win season and one NCAA tournament appearance.  

529528637_ScreenShot2021-01-18at7_13_08PM.thumb.png.9921e58b77ae985d1f70b345c58405a0.png

But I guess he could make a better successor than the '60+ Club' candidates you have at #1, JB, & #4, Altman.  

Oh yeah, don't get me started on your #3 candidate, Alford, and his experience in Iowa City, please feel free to Google 'Pierre Pierce 2002 sexual assault cover-up.'

Other than that..your list gets a gold star LCS = )