Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

22 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Timing and momentum will decide if Archie has another year. Regarding timing we do not have any top tier recruits we risk losing if we fire him know. He does not seem to lead for any top tier kids the following year. The health of the football program is another factor suggesting this could be the if things don’t change drastically. You never want to fill both football and basketball coaches in the same year. You could argue that paying up for better assistant coach salaries could compete for $ but we will hopefully be in that boat the next few years if football success continues. Timing says now is the year to make a change.

Momentum is another factor. Last nights loss alone is not enough but the cumulative results certainly turned the tide last night. If we continue down the path we have been on so far in the BT then by the end of the year his support will be gone. I have been wondering for a while now if Archie simply cannot get the kids at this level to play for him. Do they like him? It seemed telling that the graduating seniors his first year barely mentioned him. Thought that was just a short term thing but now I am not sure he can get high level kids to play hard and put in the off court time to excel here. At Dayton he recruited kids overlooked by the big schools so they had something to prove.

If we are afraid of setting the program back 4 years with another change that might be OK. It is not like Archie has advanced the program over those 4 years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Do they like him? 

My sons trainer worked out Armaan and Rob last summer. I asked him about them in general when I found out he was working with them. He said the usual(good kids, hard working, etc) and ended by saying " I can tell you they don't like Archie, they both said he's a d*ck!" I didn't ask he offered it. 

Do they like him? 
My sons trainer worked out Armaan and Rob last summer. I asked him about them in general when I found out he was working with them. He said the usual(good kids, hard working, etc) and ended by saying " I can tell you they don't like Archie, they both said he's a d*ck!" I didn't ask he offered it. 

I had a chance to be around the program last couple years some as a Corp sponsor. Not close enough to bring any real solid info but some and these were things I began to feel/suspect. Your info builds on that but I had wondered if perhaps Armaan might have connected with him like the others could not.

Obviously RMK was not loved by the players while at IU. Different times and a history of success overcomes that. Archie could be that way at Dayton and get away with it but not here not yet.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think it is 60/40 he is here next based on results to date. Maybe 70/30 but last night opened the discussion here and likely everywhere IU fans are talking. We have a hard slate of games and we lost one of the most winnable ones. A bad finish will drop the likelihood and it will drop quickly.

Just about everyone who thought this year would be better assumed we would be a top 25 team this year. We are falling woefully short of expectations

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

While Joey Brunk wasn't our difference maker and our freshman Kristian not being near ready, we're not that talented. And yes, of course the coach is responsible for the talent and development.

However, I'm quite shocked we're able to compete with Wisconsin and UI on the road given our freshmen, Rob not being who we thought he would be, and our shooting "woes". I didn't expect that. 

Brian Wardle---I know he's mid major, but has done a great job @ rebuilding cellar dweller in MVC. Just think if he had access to B10 recruiting. He's hard nosed defensive guy that can also coach offense AND develops his players. Players Coach.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Get past this “multiple final fours/Mark Few/Brad Stevens/geriatrics with no experience/70 year old John ‘players are thugs’ Belien” complete nonsense.

For real?

Darian Devries

Casey Alexander

Dane Fife

We're going from one mid-major coach to another? Just keep Archie until Brad decides he's not winning in the NBA. 

9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We're going from one mid-major coach to another? Just keep Archie until Brad decides he's not winning in the NBA. 

If/when Stevens parts ways with the Celts, chances are he'll just go to another NBA team.

37 minutes ago, Treesh said:

While Joey Brunk wasn't our difference maker and our freshman Kristian not being near ready, we're not that talented. And yes, of course the coach is responsible for the talent and development.

However, I'm quite shocked we're able to compete with Wisconsin and UI on the road given our freshmen, Rob not being who we thought he would be, and our shooting "woes". I didn't expect that. 

We "hung" with UI, but didn't really challenge for the win (IMO).  We played a solid game at Madison and had every right to get the 'W'.

But that's the problem: Every now and then we have a game like at UW and think/hope maybe things are finally clicking.  Then, invariably, we quickly prove that those rare games are aberrations.  To challenge for trophies and rings you have to play well, against any and all comers game in and game out.  Every team has the occasional "great outing".

If Dakich is right we’ll never get big name coach @ IU. He said last year that IU’s bball program will never be the face of IU... per the admin, told directly to him. That’s not what they want to be known for. RMK was more powerful than the governor back in the day. That won’t happen again.

If Dakich is right we’ll never get big name coach @ IU. He said last year that IU’s bball program will never be the face of IU... per the admin, told directly to him. That’s not what they want to be known for. RMK was more powerful than the governor back in the day. That won’t happen again.

I’ve heard that and it may be true. The only flaw is that eventually, maybe it’ll take decades, but eventually a coach is going to win here. Maybe it’s another Archie that actually pans out, but when that happens and IU starts winning again the iubb program will become the face again de facto

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, ILHoosier said:

The administration has repeatedly wanted academics as the face of the university...Kelley, Jacobs, informatics, etc.
But isn’t a good way to get kids to the university is to have a successful sports program? Regardless, things will not change for at least another year, realistically. The Aussie is finally retiring, we shall see...

6 minutes ago, KTBEME10 said:

If Dakich is right, and that’s a big if. I’m new to the Forum, and a young IU fan. I don’t hold a grudge against anyone, but Dakich is one of my least favorite people. I think he makes brash statements just for attention. Especially when I listen to his radio show. Again I don’t hate the guy but I just take everything he says with a grain of salt. And he could be right. I’m not sure.

Welcome aboard.  Don't let this be your only post.  We'll take all the input we can get.

13 minutes ago, KTBEME10 said:

If Dakich is right, and that’s a big if. I’m new to the Forum, and a young IU fan. I don’t hold a grudge against anyone, but Dakich is one of my least favorite people. I think he makes brash statements just for attention. Especially when I listen to his radio show. Again I don’t hate the guy but I just take everything he says with a grain of salt. And he could be right. I’m not sure.

Hey—welcome young fella!

and an EXCELLENT first post