Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Have not liked him before but Scott Drew at Baylor has done a heck of a job. Is he clean, maybe not but who wins and is. Has not killed it in the tournament but come on that is far better than barely making or not making it in.

If you want someone who has coached at a major conference and consistently has teams in the top 25 your list is short.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My problem with that is that we’d be settling. We had that with Crean. Sure we won a big ten championship(s) but who cares about those? Only Purdue cares about those.

A coach with final four experience needs to be a requirement. Multiple final fours preferably. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

My problem with that is that we’d be settling. We had that with Crean. Sure we won a big ten championship(s) but who cares about those? Only Purdue cares about those.

A coach with final four experience needs to be a requirement. Multiple final fours preferably. 

Multiple Final Fours? So Beilein, Boeheim, K, Calipari, Pitino, Roy Williams

Bryce Drew? No lol. 

Pearl? lol 

Maybe Beard. I’d like to see what he does the next two seasons which is our timeline anyways with Miller. This season and next season. 

Not Bryce,Scott Drew. Not first on my list but if we can’t land our Saban (Brad, Bennett, Donavon) then the next tier should be guys that have consistently had top 25 teams. If we miss here then we go to the Archie level then Dane.

Beilein would be my first choice for tier 2 but Scott is above Alford and probably above an unproven

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures huh? 

Best coach that could be had, regardless of baggage. But you’re right yes. We’re a dying program. Who wants to come here that’s proven? Guys like Beard and Bennet have proven you don’t need to come to pressure cookers like IU to win. At this point, we’ll be gambling on an up and comer to right the ship. Terrifying to think about for a program that used to be so coveted. 

Just now, VO5 said:

Best coach that could be had, regardless of baggage. But you’re right yes 

You think Dolson is sweating yet? 

Between IU football losing to a 4-5 Ole Miss team and potentially having to find a new men’s head coach soon? 

Oh boy. 

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Unrealistic and would never happen, but who I would really want? Pitino. IU would never but he would win here. Convince me otherwise 

I’d be hesitant about anyone in the 65+ category. Pitino, Sampson, Barnes, Belein. It’s no guarantee that it’s an immediate turnaround. If they are pushing 70 or already there by the time we are winning at a level we want to, we are already getting close to a coaching change again. 

Sure but that list is small. Even Crean was inconsistent at Marquette. Drew has been pretty solid. Of the 13 years after he turned around a real dumpster fire his teams made the NCAAs 9 times. 3 NIT (1 championship 1 runner up).

Not as good at the short list of multiple FFs but I think he is more consistent than Crean.

I have been as supportive and positive as I can possibly be and I will support this team until the last game of the season every single year but it is time for some leadership in this program and I think that comes from an IU guy. We need an IU guy to lead this program or we need to go get Chris Beard. We need someone to light a fire under this ******* program. I am sick and ******* tired of watching teams lay down and ******* quit. I am sick of watching teams that dont ******* play hard. I would have killed to have the talent to put on the candy stripes and play in Assembly Hall and we have had 4 ******* years of guys that do not give a **** whether they win or lose and at this point that is on the leadership of the program.

You think Dolson is sweating yet? 

Between IU football losing to a 4-5 Ole Miss team and potentially having to find a new men’s head coach soon? 

Oh boy. 

He was a big part of the group to get RMK back and will have a lot of alumni players in his ear. If they lobby for someone it will be difficult for him to go against that even if he does not agree. I have met him a few times recently and was even at IU when he was but don’t know him well enough to think he can resist alumni player pressure.