Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

16 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I was thinking of making this thread. One name if he’s interested. 

John Beilein. CTC coached circles around him for a few years and then John turned things around at Michigan. However.. does he have the patience to rebuild this current program? 

Holy cow If Treesh is jumping of the wagon I’m springboarding off!! Dumpers here I come!! 

In all seriousness if anyone mentions Chris Collins i personally move for an instant ban from the board. 

I’ll stick to who I think is realistic. Beard. If he says no, as questionable as it might be, Dane Fife. 

Nate oats. Killed it at Buffalo and is probably going to win the SEC this year at Alabama.

Can recruit too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We could wish but the SEC “supports” its coaches better than Indiana could dream.

Good choice though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Realistic?

I'd look at Beilein to re-establish the brand. 

Beard would probably be my second realistic option.

I'd then look to the $EC for someone like Barnes or Oats.

I just don't think many coaches would leave their currents gigs to come to IU.  Like Wayne mentioned the $EC "supports" their coaches more than IU would.  I'm not someone who wants to go full on paying players but it looks like something we might have to do to be competitive again.

Have not liked him before but Scott Drew at Baylor has done a heck of a job. Is he clean, maybe not but who wins and is. Has not killed it in the tournament but come on that is far better than barely making or not making it in.

If you want someone who has coached at a major conference and consistently has teams in the top 25 your list is short.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Honestly I hate these type threads and cant really speculate on who the next coach will be. I do know that it is IMPERATIVE to position the program for the post Covid reality. If not we WILL be left behind.

I don’t. I hate that we have to have them but look we aren’t fighting with each other anymore. This is a nice distraction to what happens on the court.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app