Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 15 - @ Iowa 1/21/21)

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So since Alaska's submitted 2 predictions does that mean it's now US 206    Them 144?           Asking for a friend.    :-)

How many overtimes will it take to score that many points? And can we really outscore them by 62 in that last OT? So that means we take the "over" at 151 o/u. Got it. Go Alaska!

Iowa is one of the few teams in the Big 10 that Indiana usually plays well against.  Vegas says and o/u is 153.5 and Iowa is a 10 point favorite.  Thus the implied would probably be 81-71 Iowa.  I think IU plays better defense than Iowa and that could help our final total.  On the other hand Iowa has a much better offense than IU.  Garza will be a load to stop and if the IU front line gets in foul trouble against him, things could get ugly very quickly.  We know Iowa can shoot the 3.  They always do.  Sorry but I don't think we will be able to hold them in check unless Garza gets in early and deep foul trouble, but we can't count on that.  Iowa could score a hundred if we fall apart.  On the other hand I expect our offense to improve, especially if Franklin is back to full strength.  I make this one 83-73 Hawkeyes.  Would love to be wrong.