Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

once I got past the disappointment of the hire not being a home run hire I actually liked the hire as a second tier move.  I thought he’d land recruits like Sean at Arizona and win by default. Because coaching acumen was never going to be his trump card.

This. Although I had him on the second tier along with Underwood.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apparently, this is a PU athletic department creation. And while they deserve to gloat, it seems a little cheap to me. I'd suggest that Archie show it to the boys before the rematch at Mackey, but I'm not sure any of them give a crap. I'm not sure if you told them before a game it would be the very last time they ever played basketball, they'd show any more fire than we've seen. This is a dead-a$$ group. 

And by showing fire, I don't mean screaming after making a massive dunk -- then missing your next six shots.

EryegBlWMAQPmQE.jpg

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Apparently, this is a PU athletic department creation. And while they deserve to gloat, it seems a little cheap to me. I'd suggest that Archie show it to the boys before the rematch at Mackey, but I'm not sure any of them give a crap. I'm not sure if you told them before a game it would be the very last time they ever played basketball they'd show any more fire than we've seen. This is a dead-a$$ group. 

EryegBlWMAQPmQE.jpg

They couldn’t get juiced enough to beat Purdue at home last year on the day Bob Knight made his return to the Hall. I don’t think there’s any bulletin board material out there that would get them fired up to play. For several years we’ve blamed it on a few players, if player X and Player Y just leave our problems will be fixed. Yet those guys are gone and our issues still exist. We just stink. 

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Apparently, this is a PU athletic department creation. And while they deserve to gloat, it seems a little cheap to me. I'd suggest that Archie show it to the boys before the rematch at Mackey, but I'm not sure any of them give a crap. I'm not sure if you told them before a game it would be the very last time they ever played basketball they'd show any more fire than we've seen. This is a dead-a$$ group. 

EryegBlWMAQPmQE.jpg

Leave it to a no-talent Purdue designer to not know the difference between its and it’s. 

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They couldn’t get juiced enough to beat Purdue at home last year on the day Bob Knight made his return to the Hall. I don’t think there’s any bulletin board material out there that would get them fired up to play. For several years we’ve blamed it on a few players, if player X and Player Y just leave our problems will be fixed. Yet those guys are gone and our issues still exist. We just stink. 

It baffles me how much more ready Purdue always seems to be to play us, and how much more they seem to care about this game. I said it last night, but what was even more concerning last night is their players carried a look all night that they already knew they were going to win this game. We seemed to want to get excited and gloat and flex if we cut a lead down to 2 or 3 points. Then PU just got back to business and put us back in our place. 

22 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

It baffles me how much more ready Purdue always seems to be to play us, and how much more they seem to care about this game. I said it last night, but what was even more concerning last night is their players carried a look all night that they already knew they were going to win this game. We seemed to want to get excited and gloat and flex if we cut a lead down to 2 or 3 points. Then PU just got back to business and put us back in our place. 

We never look like we expect to win games. None of these players look like they're having any fun, and I doubt they are. Archie Miller has squashed all the enjoyment out of this program. It's not surprising that he hasn't recruited well over the past year. I think he's slowly become bitter and less approachable as the stress of the job and losing support from the fans has taken its toll. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Apparently, this is a PU athletic department creation. And while they deserve to gloat, it seems a little cheap to me. I'd suggest that Archie show it to the boys before the rematch at Mackey, but I'm not sure any of them give a crap. I'm not sure if you told them before a game it would be the very last time they ever played basketball, they'd show any more fire than we've seen. This is a dead-a$$ group. 

And by showing fire, I don't mean screaming after making a massive dunk -- then missing your next six shots.

EryegBlWMAQPmQE.jpg

Stuff like this is why they'll always be known as Little Brother to me.

They can never act like the bigger program.  Instead, they're gloating about beating their extremely mediocre but biggest rivals.

God they are so pathetic.

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

EryegBlWMAQPmQE.jpg

It's appropriate that they used the angle without NCAA title banners when trying to claim that it's their court

After taking time today and sobering up some I realized I was being ridiculous last night. I also dealt with some purdue fans at work. I now believe iu should spend all money and their brilliant teachers into developing a time machine and going back in time to last night. Then have vince McMahon strut out like he does and scream your fired in Archie's face like he used to do. Every minute that goes on past the buzzer is one minute to long with archie on the sideline. Yes I am drinking again but still pissed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 1/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, bleedhoosier said:

@Old Friend Come talk me off this ledge LOL

1)  Jump

2)  I said from the beginning it wasn't a good idea to judge Archie until he had his own players to fit his system.   He has his own kids and plenty of talent.   You can see the results as easily as I can; and the "why" is equally obvious.

3)  One of the reasons this board became impossible to stay with is the foolish notion that someone's ego or style somehow makes him wrong.  Dan Dakich has been spot on, dead on the head of the nail 100% right about this program for years, and I have said as much for a long time.  The body of evidence from the masses who don't want to hear it from him is massive and should at some point be eye opening because he's spot on and has BEEN spot on.   Go to 1070 the Fan and listen to the podcast from today (Jan 15th).   He sums it up perfectly with support from former players and I completely agree.  I promise so many people will listen to how he says it and call him an idiot.   Like Groundhog Day.   But he's right.  He's 100% right.  And....I've been telling you all he's been right for YEARS.   Style points are for losers.  Where are we now?

4)  The other primary reason this board became impossible is I promise the same couple of gutless trolls will quote this (or they'll at the very least start typing before they realize I'm talking about THEM and stop) and come with some lame personal attack because for whatever reason think they have to quote, rebut, and criticize everything I say - regardless of how true it is -  because of some snowflake personal agenda.  They can't help themselves because it's their theater and their only act.  You know who I'm talking about and so do they (one in particular who I never saw add one damned thing to this board.  I didn't post for several months and THERE he was nitpicking and trolling as soon as I did.  Literally within minutes.  Same cast of a few characters bobbing their figurative heads in agreement and reveling in themselves.  Still with the same pathetic material as if this board and personal attacks is what gives them their juice.  After 4 months.  No thanks.  I have no time for moronic idiocy like that.  Get a life, clowns).   You all can keep him.   His normal 4 word posts are riveting.    I hope the rest of you have an incredible 2021 that's far better than 2020 was.

Archie's not the guy.  I know it just like you know it, bleed....Jump.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

1)  Jump

2)  I said from the beginning it wasn't a good idea to judge Archie until he had his own players to fit his system.   He has his own kids and plenty of talent.   You can see the results as easily as I can; and the "why" is equally obvious.

3)  One of the reasons this board became impossible to stay with is the foolish notion that someone's ego or style somehow makes him wrong.  Dan Dakich has been spot on, dead on the head of the nail 100% right about this program for years, and I have said as much for a long time.  The body of evidence from the masses who don't want to hear it from him is massive and should at some point be eye opening because he's spot on and has BEEN spot on.   Go to 1070 the Fan and listen to the podcast from today (Jan 15th).   He sums it up perfectly with support from former players and I completely agree.  I promise so many people will listen to how he says it and call him an idiot.   Like Groundhog Day.   But he's right.  He's 100% right.  And....I've been telling you all he's been right for YEARS.   Style points are for losers.  Where are we now?

4)  The other primary reason this board became impossible is I promise the same couple of gutless trolls will quote this (or they'll at the very least start typing before they realize I'm talking about THEM and stop) and come with some lame personal attack because for whatever reason think they have to quote, rebut, and criticize everything I say - regardless of how true it is -  because of some snowflake personal agenda.  They can't help themselves because it's their theater and their only act.  You know who I'm talking about and so do they (one in particular who I never saw add one damned thing to this board.  I didn't post for several months and THERE he was nitpicking and trolling as soon as I did.  Literally within minutes.  Same cast of a few characters bobbing their figurative heads in agreement and reveling in themselves.  Still with the same pathetic material as if this board and personal attacks is what gives them their juice.  After 4 months.  No thanks.  I have no time for moronic idiocy like that.  Get a life, clowns).   You all can keep him.   His normal 4 word posts are riveting.    I hope the rest of you have an incredible 2021 that's far better than 2020 was.

Thanks for the perspective. I know you're not around much so hope you and fam are doing well. There are definitely a group of people, like myself, who do appreciate your thoughts on the matter around here. So as much **** as you take, know the other half also looks for your posts for insight. Great call on how pleased we'd be with Franklin.

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

1)  Jump

I thought you were leaving for another year.  Or as the rest of us call it. A few months 

32 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Right on cue?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lol. He comes in here trolling every once in a blue moon and just because he knows people are going to call him out on his crap doesn’t mean we shouldn’t call him out on in. 

The pumper crowd should really be a little less arrogant and sanctimonious. Spent the last 3 years insulting the people who could see Archie for what he is. And instead of saying “our bad”. Still throwing childish insults 

If you spent 8 years pumping Crean and 4 years pumping Archie maybe you should just admit to yourself you are a bad judge of a coach and not insult the people who make observations of the next coach.  

Crean and Archie are both terrible coaches and yet large segments of this fanbase insulted and belittled people for even suggesting that