Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

I’m not big on him either. They don’t play anyone. Has never won a championship in all those years of being ranked #1 40% of the year. 
They will this year or next. Will have the number 1 recruiting class when he signs chet and hunter. Recruits players who have size and can shoot.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Seemed like the coaching search looked so hard for defense that it forgot about offense. Archie sucked at Dayton coaching an offense. Nothing has changed. His defense is just getting exposed. I don't give a rats a$$ what the buyout is. If you're serious about winning, that's not an issue. 

Right but that's the question - are we serious about winning or is money the only concern to the decision makers? 

I mean - they hired Archie. I have no confidence they'll go out and spend whatever it takes to get a proven winner. We'll end up with another mediocre chump that has had mild success in a lesser conference. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm fine with Lander. He plays like a HS kid. I think a real coach could help him a lot. You can see some glimpses but this system gives him zero space to use any of his speed. 

His speed doesn’t worry me, it’s his shot and defense. When is the last time he hit rim? Semi-serious question.

1. No clue. Leal played well. 

2. Rob and Al were absolutely awful.... Again. 

3. FTs sucked. But Purdue was as bad tonight. 

4. All should stay depending on the coach we hire. Except Al and Rob. Both belong at Indiana State. 

4.  I don't now what the NCAA is doing with eligibility for seniors this year, but I sure wouldn't expect Al back after playing four years.  Lander.....I have no idea what he would do.  Physically he's not ready, period.  TJD I think is gone after this year (it doesn't matter IMO what we as fans think about his NBA readiness).  Rob's not going anywhere, IMO.  And I hope he doesn't.  I appreciate players who see things through, even when bad things occue.

For all the crap that some fans gave Verdell Jones, that dude came in when we were really, really bad and stayed and played hard for four years -- and played his @$$ his senior year when his role had diminished as we brought in talent.

Just now, mdiu28 said:

Right but that's the question - are we serious about winning or is money the only concern to the decision makers? 

I mean - they hired Archie. I have no confidence they'll go out and spend whatever it takes to get a proven winner. We'll end up with another mediocre chump that has had mild success in a lesser conference. 

That's the thing. We aren't hiring any big names. Simply because all of those guys now are so we'll established where they are or happy to be away from college basketball. We have to make the right pick with a lesser guy unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Coaches I’d be looking at if we were to replace Miller would be:

Stevens

Few

Donavan

Beilen

Beard

Collins

Bennett

So, most of the best coaches in college and pro basketball? Yeah, I'd be looking at them too. 

I've been an Archie defender for a long time. I'm not defending him anymore, but I'm not advocating for him to be fired either. I'm way beyond solution-oriented thinking and am fully giving into nihilism.

I don't think anything can save this program. All through the Crean years I thought "all the parts are in place, if we could just get a good coach, someone who could coach defense, we'd be unstoppable." We hired exactly the kind of coach I wanted and these are the results. I don't care if we fire Archie, but I don't think anyone we hire will be any better, either. The idea that we'll have our pick of the top tier coaches at all levels of the sport is laughable. In reality, our talent pool will be either a bunch of mid-major guys, or Alford. And if we hire Alford, I'm out. So at this point, it's status quo, or nothing. Hence the nihilism. 

This “hand off” freaking offense allows a forced shot and that’s it!  That’s what we got and you will not win with that type of plan. There is no spacing at all. We don’t pick, back cut, etc. 
I can’t imagine life without TJD. 

We used to give Crean a hard time for his weave offense that was bad but it was way better than this. The only thing Miller has on Crean is a zone offense.

I don’t miss Crean but I actually do......

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's the thing. We aren't hiring any big names. Simply because all of those guys now are so we'll established where they are or happy to be away from college basketball. We have to make the right pick with a lesser guy unfortunately. 

Unfortunately I think you're right. Ugh. 

28 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

There’s a reason I don’t watch IU basketball anymore...... not a fair weather fan, just can’t stand the product that been given to us in year 4. This was the season I would judge Archie Miller and it’s a major fail. Unfortunately we are probably stuck with this for another couple of years.

Just don’t enjoy wasting 2+ hours of my life watching uninspired game play and terrible game plans. On to the next..... coach!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes and I’m almost there too. Never thought I would say that.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

His speed doesn’t worry me, it’s his shot and defense. When is the last time he hit rim? Semi-serious question.

That's where having a real coach comes in. The defense will come as he gains more knowledge and gets stronger. His shot needs reigned in. He's someone I'd love to work with if I had the chance. 

Scratch Stevens and Donavon. Let's at least stay in the realm of reality. I do not seeing them leaving the NBA. I don't care how much money we throw at them

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sampson or Pearl

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

4.  I don't now what the NCAA is doing with eligibility for seniors this year, but I sure wouldn't expect Al back after playing four years.  Lander.....I have no idea what he would do.  Physically he's not ready, period.  TJD I think is gone after this year (it doesn't matter IMO what we as fans think about his NBA readiness).  Rob's not going anywhere, IMO.  And I hope he doesn't.  I appreciate players who see things through, even when bad things occue.

For all the crap that some fans gave Verdell Jones, that dude came in when we were really, really bad and stayed and played hard for four years -- and played his @$$ his senior year when his role had diminished as we brought in talent.

I wish we had Verdell on this team. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

4.  I don't now what the NCAA is doing with eligibility for seniors this year, but I sure wouldn't expect Al back after playing four years.  Lander.....I have no idea what he would do.  Physically he's not ready, period.  

Where would Lander go? Transfer to Evansville?

2020 Covid, no fans in the stands will GIFT Archie another year. It will be equally mediocre or worse. Then they will fire him. So, sadly we have 1.5 years of this crap before our next Rebuild.

I think the Romeo experience sunk Archie. Momentum was gone after that and murmurs precipitated about Archies system and offense from then on. We are lucky to have TJD. We are a literal laughingstock without him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Unfortunately, the money has become even more important than ever with the loss in athletic revenue due to covid.  Sans covid, this would assuredly been our most profitable football season ever.

Unless you can bring a head coach in who is willing to seriously back load their contract, money is going to be a consideration.