Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

Just now, TheWatShot said:

If I wasn't addicted to IU boards, I probably would have completely tuned out by now. This program is pathetic and the only thing keeping it going are people like us. 

Next spring will be fun when there’s more than likely a change at the head coaching position. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

If I wasn't addicted to IU boards, I probably would have completely tuned out by now. This program is pathetic and the only thing keeping it going are people like us. 

Yep. If the wife and I have another kid. I honestly doubt I bother to find the time for this team though. It’s just not fun or rewarding 

I didn't watch a minute of the game (intentionally.....my blood pressure can't take it at this point and I'll just piss off my family when I yell).

For someone who watched:

1.  was there a reason Leal only played 4 minutes? (I'm not even a Leal > Galloway guy, but I don't get the inconsistency in his minutes).

2.  did Al and Rob completely disappear yet again?

3.  not going to mention the free throws.  Happened too often to  know that it is to be expected from this team.

4.  The writing is on the wall (IMO) that this will be it for Archie barring making the tournament at the minimum.  If so, what plays stay and what players leave?

Seriously aside from losing alot the games are boring. We don't do much fun things. We always had guys that could make flashy exciting plays. Even tom Pritchard had a massive dunk in a game on a crappie team. We just are not fun to watch under archie

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s awful basketball. No fast break ever. No back cuts ever. No jumping passing lanes ever. No shooters. No swagger (sans TJD).

You all think this year is rough, wait until next season. Oh, and I’ve been on this train a while now.

The B1G has been surging ahead of Archie for awhile and the gap is widening.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Next spring will be fun when there’s more than likely a change at the head coaching position. 

I think most of us know you are right we probably won't fire him under this buyout and maybe he deserves one more year but he has not earned it at all Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. If the wife and I have another kid. I honestly doubt I bother to find the time for this team though. It’s just not fun or rewarding 

That's the big thing:  you can't be run of the mill and boring.  Armaan IMO has been the single good story this year.  TJD is good.  Rob and Al.....shrink.  Galloway is a nice role player on a team that has shortcomings so much that it's hard to field a role player.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I didn't watch a minute of the game (intentionally.....my blood pressure can't take it at this point and I'll just piss off my family when I yell).

For someone who watched:

1.  was there a reason Leal only played 4 minutes? (I'm not even a Leal > Galloway guy, but I don't get the inconsistency in his minutes).

3.  not going to mention the free throws.  Happened too often to  know that it is to be expected from this team.

4.  The writing is on the wall (IMO) that this will be it for Archie barring making the tournament at the minimum.  If so, what plays stay and what players leave?

1. No clue. Leal played well. 

2. Rob and Al were absolutely awful.... Again. 

3. FTs sucked. But Purdue was as bad tonight. 

4. All should stay depending on the coach we hire. Except Al and Rob. Both belong at Indiana State. 

I’ve never had less fun watching IU basketball. 

I haven’t missed many games over the last decade and I don’t think I’m gonna watch this team again this season. 5 years ago I’d be up in arms pissed off about losing games like this... I expect to lose at this point. Just apathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, brumdog45 said:

For someone who watched:

To me, looked like Leal just didn't have a good match up tonight. And Galloway was playing very hard, very heady mostly. 

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I know people say we don't have players. I bet Franklin phin and al could be doing great things right now under the right coach and play style just my opinion but I know we could be better than this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This “hand off” freaking offense allows a forced shot and that’s it!  That’s what we got and you will not win with that type of plan. There is no spacing at all. We don’t pick, back cut, etc. 

I can’t imagine life without TJD. 

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

For someone who watched:

On in bound plays, they had Leal guarding...Purdue giant v5.0 when Race or Trayce was on the floor. Lucky you didn't watch.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

How would the buyout work? Would it be like Crean's where whatever he makes at his next job is deducted from what we owe him? 

Hahaha...you think Archie will get another job

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

1. No clue. Leal played well. 

2. Rob and Al were absolutely awful.... Again. 

3. FTs sucked. But Purdue was as bad tonight. 

4. All should stay depending on the coach we hire. Except Al and Rob. Both belong at Indiana State. 

Slight disagreement with bullet point #4. Do you think Lander can make an significant leap for next year? He seems so far off that his leap might just make him a role player. I honestly am not seeing much there where I feel confident he’s in a position to even help next season. 

Coaches I’d be looking at if we were to replace Miller would be:
Stevens
Few
Donavan
Beilen
Beard
Collins
Bennett

Scratch Stevens and Donavon. Let's at least stay in the realm of reality. I do not seeing them leaving the NBA. I don't care how much money we throw at them

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Slight disagreement with bullet point #4. Do you think Lander can make an significant leap for next year? He seems so far off that his leap might just make him a role player. I honestly am not seeing much there where I feel confident he’s in a position to even help next season. 

I'm fine with Lander. He plays like a HS kid. I think a real coach could help him a lot. You can see some glimpses but this system gives him zero space to use any of his speed.