Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I am an Archie guy but I am realistic. He very well may be done next March. 

I just don’t want to hire a guy that’s make us the Pacers of college basketball. Winning and being ranked is cute and all. But we had the perfect guy for that in Tom Crean.

We need a coach that will lead us to a championship. I can’t name one and yea I understand Archie isn’t going to be that guy this year or next year. Well I can name one.. but he’s not coming. 

Well you gotta win and be ranked to win championships... Archie can't do either. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I am an Archie guy but I am realistic. He very well may be done next March. 

I just don’t want to hire a guy that’s make us the Pacers of college basketball. Winning and being ranked is cute and all. But we had the perfect guy for that in Tom Crean.

We need a coach that will lead us to a championship. I can’t name one and yea I understand Archie isn’t going to be that guy this year or next year. Well I can name one.. but he’s not coming. 

Hire an ex IU guy or Beard who can recruit and call it a day. Archie just doesn’t have the chops and we know it in year 4.

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You get a canned response by a student intern that clearly didn’t read it 

You get a most likely auto-response because people in college athletic departments don’t check those emails or someone does see it and laughs at the craziest ones and the mad fans sending them. Those are quite literally the only 2 outcomes of emailing an AD email, team general email, etc. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

You get a most likely auto-response because people in college athletic departments don’t check those emails or someone does see it and laughs at the craziest ones and the mad fans sending them. Those are quite literally the only 2 outcomes of emailing an AD email, team general email, etc. 

Not always. Glass actually responded to an email of mine and answered specific questions years ago during the football HC search. 

Whether or not it was actually him - who knows. Probably not. 

Only people that can get to an AD are those with the fat wallets. 

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Hire an ex IU guy or Beard who can recruit and call it a day. Archie just doesn’t have the chops and we know it in year 4.

Ex IU guy.  Maybe coach k is looking for a change of scenery.

There’s a reason I don’t watch IU basketball anymore...... not a fair weather fan, just can’t stand the product that been given to us in year 4. This was the season I would judge Archie Miller and it’s a major fail. Unfortunately we are probably stuck with this for another couple of years.

Just don’t enjoy wasting 2+ hours of my life watching uninspired game play and terrible game plans. On to the next..... coach!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Not always. Glass actually responded to an email of mine and answered specific questions years ago during the football HC search. 

Whether or not it was actually him - who knows. Probably not. 

Only people that can get to an AD are those with the fat wallets. 

The way college athletics are run, your best chance these days are getting a change.org petition and threatening to boycott sponsors of the team and/or the companies that big $$ donors operate.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

If anything fred glass said in last coaching search was true archie should be gone. We have undoubtedly regressed from crean it is almost not even arguable. Look at last 4 years it isn't even a question

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm sure Cool Dad won't put out a statement about this like he did for Coach Allen.