Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Reinsdorf and his goons have run the Bulls into the ground. Billy D ain't going to save that mess. Offer him enough money and I'm sure he'd bolt. Something needs to change though as this is not much fun to watch anymore. 

With pUKe seemingly on their last leg with Teflon John, Billy D will probably go there first. Esp. since they'd offer the literal farm.

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I’d love for some friendly convo on who we legit could hire that could turn this program around in 2 years 

Serious question 

Please don’t say Chris Beard. For all we know he could be the Archie Miller 2.0 with a deep run once. 

I get your point but this is year 4, not 2 for Archie. People unanimously feel that Crean sucked and he went from Kyle Tabor to the sweet 16 in 4 years. Maybe we will still do that, this year, but it looks unlikely.

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I really wish people would stop mentioning Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan. Or Mark Few.

Stevens and Donovan aren't coming back to college. Few turned us down years ago. 

Hey, a guy can dream can't he? I just watch the Hoosiers struggle and then flip the channel and watch Gonzaga hang 90+ on BYU and just imagine what if. I just want to see quality basketball on the offensive end. Watching IU at times these past few years has been like going to the dentist.

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Dane Fife. If you think keeping Archie even if we barely make the NCAAs is ok. I would  prefer being an average team with Dane than an average team afraid to make a change. 

If we can’t beat Purdue at home we won’t make the tournament. This might have been the weakest opponent we had left

I'm off the Archie train too but can we get serious with names. 

What on earth gives you hope IU will do what it takes to get a Brad Stevens or Billy D? They've proven time and time again to go for the cheaper option and hope it works out - this is why we are mediocre year after year.

And let's just stop with the Brad, Billy D talk - it isn't happening or it would have already. 

I am an Archie guy but I am realistic. He very well may be done next March. 

I just don’t want to hire a guy that’s make us the Pacers of college basketball. Winning and being ranked is cute and all. But we had the perfect guy for that in Tom Crean.

We need a coach that will lead us to a championship. I can’t name one and yea I understand Archie isn’t going to be that guy this year or next year. Well I can name one.. but he’s not coming. 

At this point in the game, you literally haven’t stopped Williams once in a one-on-one situation...why not make him earn it at the line? This just drives me insane.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Unfortunately, we're probably gonna have to wait for President Dundee to officially be gone to right the ship. He won't allow either a) to fire a coach with a $10 mn. buyout or b) hire someone that would overshadow the almighty 'President of Indiana University'. CRIKEY!!!

We would never ever hire an Indiana guy cause he would win just like Painter does with Purdue. That’s on the administration.

This thread has gotten just plain stupid. 
G'night, all. 
Was there a scenario we were going to get our @$$ handed to us again by pu and this thread don't get stupid. Especially the reason we're losing free throws and poor shooting. We didn't ruin this the team ruined it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

At this point is it even a question? We’ll be waiting the next year and a half for the inevitable change. Just another day in the life. Don’t expect us to be good for years again. Sad state of affairs.