Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 1/14 @ 7 PM FS1

It has been a long time since IU had a Purdue Killer. A player that always played their absolute best against Purdue and took the rivalry personal. I think the last player was Cody Zeller who was 4-0 against Purdue, could probably say Victor as well. But since then it has been all Purdue and they have had plenty of mediocre players step up and destroy IU.

It is time to change that. So who is going to be that player that  plays out of their minds against Purdue and brings home the W? Please just someone step up and beat these idiots into oblivion. 

35 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

It has been a long time since IU had a Purdue Killer. A player that always played their absolute best against Purdue and took the rivalry personal. I think the last player was Cody Zeller who was 4-0 against Purdue, could probably say Victor as well. But since then it has been all Purdue and they have had plenty of mediocre players step up and destroy IU.

It is time to change that. So who is going to be that player that  plays out of their minds against Purdue and brings home the W? Please just someone step up and beat these idiots into oblivion. 

image.jpeg.fdaa38fa6bc8cc80132295e5610bf3a4.jpeg

Watched some highlights from the last time we beat Purdue (surprisingly, there was color TV back then). That team was so good, and just made everything look so easy at times. Total opposite of what we're seeing now. It's incredible how this coaching staff has made offense so difficult. Everything in 2016 was fluid and crisp. Everything now is just a slow, painful struggle. 

30 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Watched some highlights from the last time we beat Purdue (surprisingly, there was color TV back then). That team was so good, and just made everything look so easy at times. Total opposite of what we're seeing now. It's incredible how this coaching staff has made offense so difficult. Everything in 2016 was fluid and crisp. Everything now is just a slow, painful struggle. 

It’s hard to imagine putting up 77 against Purdue at this point like we did in that game.  We’ve had a couple solid defensive performances vs PUke under Archie, but averaging only 55.8 PPG against them will rarely get a W.

4 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Watched that game recently because it popped up on my YouTube recommended videos. I LOVED every second of this, just a complete and total humiliation.

I watched some of this one too. It's just totally unbelievable to me how we went from that to where we are now. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I watched some of this one too. It's just totally unbelievable to me how we went from that to where we are now. 

I remember thinking around the time of that game that it would just be like that going forward. Our program had finally stabilized and did so with a tremendous roster while Purdue’s run with Hummel, Moore, Johnson, etc. was in the past by that time.  Our average margin of victory over them in the two years with Cody and Vic together was nearly 27 points, and another top-10 recruiting class was on the way.  It truly is unbelievable how quickly they took the momentum back in the series after that.