Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU MVP vs Nebraska

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

On a serious note, I'm giving it to Jerome Hunter. Him actually going after his missed shot with 1:33 left to put us up 79-75 was the biggest play of the game probably. 

He was so good ALL night, not just on that play.

Seems to me that currently the single biggest factor in us being a top half of the B1G team will be whether Jerome Hunter can sustain his recent stretch of really excellent basketball.

He was so good ALL night, not just on that play.
Seems to me that currently the single biggest factor in us being a top half of the B1G team will be whether Jerome Hunter can sustain his recent stretch of really excellent basketball.

He’s been much better. His effort and rebounding have been better. He still has some defensive lapses. They attacked him when they spread the floor out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anthony “Your Grandmother’s Favorite Player” Leal is the man. 

*FWIW, he got that name out of love because he really is my grandmother’s favorite player and is probably yours as well

**I will also accept Tony Buckets

15 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Anthony “Your Grandmother’s Favorite Player” Leal is the man. 

*FWIW, he got that name out of love because he really is my grandmother’s favorite player and is probably yours as well

**I will also accept Tony Buckets

Cue Michael Buffer voice:

Annnthony the Real Deal ... LEEEEAL!!!!

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Hate to keep going with TJD but we arent competitive without him. 15 and 11 in 38 minutes is a great effort.

Agree. The expectations with him are so high that it's easy to not appreciate a night like tonight. Also love the fearless nature of our young guys, even if it doesn't always work out.

What?

Ignore the fact the team fell behind late in the second half and then fought their way back for an 8 point win. There are narratives to be pushed here and dammit they need to be pushed. Luck won that game.

Yes, this is the kind of dumb **** that this board devolves to after a ******* win. We are quite the “special” group here at Btown Banners.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hard really to pick one and that is probably why we won. We needed a quick start and rob gave us that in a big way. He did not look for his shot second half and struggled on D but he may have hurt the ankle.

TJD was doubled most of the game and was a little too quiet on D but he had a ton of boards and came on when we needed him.

Al was pretty solid all game except his free throws. Did is see things correctly and he missed 2 free throws twice? If so we can’t have that from a senior.

All 3 had huge stretches and that is why we win. A Stromboli for each.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Rob & Jerome I thought played great games... Rob did back off a little in the 2nd half. Jerome got attacked on the defensive end a few times, but I felt he held his own and made them stop trying him.... he was aggressive all night as well...