Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Nebraska - 1/10/21 @ 6:00 ET on BTN

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Heavens no.  We are at 23 on Pom. 43 on NET entering today.  The lack of non-conference games will be factored in.  Pom has our overall SOS at 12 right now and has our non-conference rated as the toughest in the Big Ten.  There is a chance we will end the regular season with the #1 overall SOS in the country.  If we are 10-10 in conference we will be in.  If we are 9-11 and win a BTT tournament game, I also see us being in.  You can't look at this like past years.  15-12 this season with 25 games against power conferences is a lock.

^^This^^

15-12 probably has us set up for a pretty good seed.

I think 15-13 (first round B1G tourney  loss) is a lock too.

14-13 + one B1G tourney win for 15-14 seems pretty likely too. 

Curious if Uspshoosier agrees.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Feels like with Armaan back we have a solid seven man rotation of Al, RP, Race, Trayce, Armaan, Jerome, and Leal, with Trey as #8.

This set looks SOOOOO much better after Jerome’s second straight excellent game. Damn he makes a monster size difference to this team when he plays like this!

Yes!

While our record in the B1G isn't what we want, it's important to consider a couple things there.

a) We were in the games we lost to Illinois, Northwestern, & Wisconsin. 

b) It makes a whole WORLD difference when we hit our 3's. Rob and Hunter stepped up the past couple games and it's done nothing but make us more of a threat. 

If Rob plays more consistently like he did last night and if Hunter didn't experience that dangerous injury a couple seasons ago, I think we're seeing a different Indiana program than what we're seeing now. I don't think anyone predicted Rob to be this inconsistent nor Hunter experiencing that injury. I know people don't like excuses but it's a factor to our success the past several years. We're also without Brunk! While Brunk isn't our All-American, he certainly helps with his senior leadership on the floor.

Got to stop the “digging a well when your thirsty” closing out games syndrome. Enough of the bad stretch lapses Miller’s teams are noted for.
Get PU down early and KEEP them there!
Crush PU!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

Yeah there sounds about right.  I will get a better feel for what the committee is thinking when they release their top 16 they do every year.  That usually happens in February.  That gives bracketologist a road map on how they are viewing team sheets each year.  If there was ever a year where a team gets an at large bid with an overall below .500 record it will be this year.   Too many unknowns right now to make a confident prediction 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

A quick glance through the remaining schedule, and current NET rankings tells me we have 9 Quad 1 games left and 5 Quad 2 games left. That could move around as the season progresses, but I honestly doubt it moves much. Finding 7 more wins....I can't see any reason your projection isn't spot on (lock for a pretty good seed). Now, we need to be Stanford fans for the remainder of the season as they are teetering on the edge right now as our only Quad 1 win. If they fall and another future opponent falls, and we rack up 6 quad 2 wins, and only 1 quad 1 win.....well we'd have a phenomenal Quad 2 record and still get in, but it's harder to see that we get a decent seed in that scenario. Also, what do I know? USPS is the expert on this, and my analysis should be mostly ignored. 

I was working last night with the game on in the background -- so I didn't get to see much. Didn't think to record it, so later on, I went to the BTN's website, which sent me to Fox Sports, where I found -- a 5-minute package of highlights. 

In this day and age of all this fantastic technology, you can't watch a replay of a Big Ten basketball game online somewhere a few hours after it happened -- especially if you subscribe to BTN? Am I missing something? 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I was working last night with the game on in the background -- so I didn't get to see much. Didn't think to record it, so later on, I went to the BTN's website, which sent me to Fox Sports, where I found -- a 5-minute package of highlights. 

In this day and age of all this fantastic technology, you can't watch a replay of a Big Ten basketball game online somewhere a few hours after it happened -- especially if you subscribe to BTN? Am I missing something? 

It's amazing how providers have made things less accessible over the past couple of years. It looks like you have to pay for a subscription of BTN+ in order to get access to replays. Don't even get me started on NBC's handling of premier league replays on Peacock....

I just record all the games. Of course I know not everyone uses or has a DVR.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I just record all the games. Of course I know not everyone uses or has a DVR.

I know this makes absolutely no sense -- but I tend to be a little superstitious. And it seems every time I record an IU game, we lose! ... Because my cable subscription (yes, I have cable -- still a dinosaur) includes the BTN, I used to be able to go to their website and watch a replay of the game. I guess I didn't realize that was no longer available. 

I know this makes absolutely no sense -- but I tend to be a little superstitious. And it seems every time I record an IU game, we lose! ... Because my cable subscription (yes, I have cable -- still a dinosaur) includes the BTN, I used to be able to go to their website and watch a replay of the game. I guess I didn't realize that was no longer available. 
Totally understandable. The hardest part about recording games, is not finding the score before I watch it. When we played Illinois, I had a Family Christmas. I have a lot of friends who are Illinois fans. I received a lot of text messages after the game. I refused to open them until after I watched the game.

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Poor free throw shooting will inevitably cost us a game. And, how did Al Durham go from an 80% free throw shooter last season to a 65% free throw shooter this year?

Clif Marshall put too much bulk on him between junior and senior year?

Archie worked with him during the lockdown?

He remembered Crean telling him 2 > 1 and 3 > 2?

I believe a lot of our FT shooting woes are between the ears.  I watched Phin earlier this season and he was almost consistently missing the first FT then concentrating a bit more to hit the second.  I believe they're practicing FTs but maybe not under the right circumstances?

image.png.d9e316b54bfbc61c341795b4f142b703.png

Indiana University sophomore forward Trayce Jackson-Davis has been named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week with Iowa's Jordan Bohannon.  The Center Grove graduate posted three double-doubles last week against Maryland, Wisconsin and Nebraska.  He averaged 20.0 points, 12.7 rebounds and shot 52.4% from the field.

Against Maryland, he had 22 points and 15 rebounds and scored 12 points with two steals in the final 10 minutes of the game, making all five of his field goal attempts during that span.  At Wisconsin, he finished with 23 points, 12 boards, four assists and three blocked shots.  Sunday at Nebraska, he had 15 points, 13 in the second half and 11 rebounds.

It is the second time he has earned the honor this season (December 7).  He ranks among Big Ten leaders in scoring, rebounds, field goal percentage and blocked shots.  He is averaging 20.1 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.9 blocks and is shooting 53.2% from the field.  He leads the nation in free throws made (79) and attempted (111).

If you have a cable subscription, you can watch full replays through the Fox Sports app. Downloadable on most streaming platforms and devices like phones and tablets. Simply create an email profile and sign in with you cable provider. App walks you through the process. In my opinion, the Fox Sports App is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Other than an inconsistent release, not holding a follow through, too high of an arch, too wide of a base, feet scissor kicking? James Hardens set shot needs burned into his brain. The weight room for him can help that. 

You can also throw in he rushes the shot even when he's open.  Bad mechanics and rushed is no bueno.

And when nearly all of his shots are coming from distance, he's not giving us anything offensively.  At this point, he's our fourth best freshman and it's not really close.  He certainly looks like a guy who needs a year to put some muscle on so he's at least a threat to drive.