Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Nebraska - 1/10/21 @ 6:00 ET on BTN

I really don't understand the "must" win term being thrown around. It's a basketball game and I'm willing to bet that our players believe they will win every time they take the court. As fans, we sit here and decide who they can and cannot beat. Why not just watch the game and and let the wins and losses determine the future. I can't imagine taking the floor and thinking that my team was going to lose. I give this team more credit than that.

I like this start on offense and defense. We already have 9 points at the first TV timeout.

Trey needs to shoot the ball. Teams are collapsing on him now due to his driving history. Shoot the ball!

7 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I really don't understand the "must" win term being thrown around. It's a basketball game and I'm willing to bet that our players believe they will win every time they take the court. As fans, we sit here and decide who they can and cannot beat. Why not just watch the game and and let the wins and losses determine the future. I can't imagine taking the floor and thinking that my team was going to lose. I give this team more credit than that.

Because against most teams we need to play really well to win. Not this one.

Also, a loss here would be demoralizing to me!  ;)

This happened a while ago but that loose ball dig out by Race was a great effort. One thing I’ll say about Archie’s teams is they are almost always the first on the floor in that situation. That was not always the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Treesh said:

I like this start on offense and defense. We already have 9 points at the first TV timeout.

Trey needs to shoot the ball. Teams are collapsing on him now due to his driving history. Shoot the ball!

If there's any success from 3 today, IU should take care of Nebrasketball easily.

If there's any success from 3 today, IU should take care of Nebrasketball easily.

Get the ball to TJD. If I see another freshman besides Leal clank another 3, I’ll smash my remote.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app