Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Wisconsin - 1/7/21 @ 7:00 ET on FS1-TV

We had our chances despite playing 5 on 6 but what an awful sequence to end the first OT and even worse 2OT. We need more bench depth if we’re gonna play a team like Wisconsin into double OT. Have to imagine TJD, Al and Rob were absolutely gassed. Lots to be optimistic about going forward. Let’s get at it against Nebraska 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Tie game. Have possession. 11 seconds to go. And not only do we not get a shot off, we turn the ball over and nearly give them a chance to win in regulation. 

That just cannot happen. 

It’s great to have a defense and a bad offense till you need to score to win a game. 

I rarely comment about officiating, but wow. It all started with Race's 2nd foul.
Having said that, IU still had their chances and Trice made some plays down the stretch.
Disappointed in the loss, but we had some very good performances tonight. Leal has earned a lot of playing time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No complaints from me, other than f Bucky! They played their ***** off! Good d, some nice offense at times, young guys stepped up, oh and f the zebras too! There should be penalties from the NCAA or B1G for this type of officiating! Not only that last play with Leal. What about the Bucky player that tripped Al to the ground no call! 

Gotta go back to the final possession of overtime. 7 seconds left. Poor possession there results in a turnover in under 5 seconds. That was it. Game was over right there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

No complaints from me, other than f Bucky! They played their ***** off! Good d, some nice offense at times, young guys stepped up, oh and f the zebras too! There should be penalties from the NCAA or B1G for this type of officiating! Not only that last play with Leal. What about the Bucky player that tripped Al to the ground no call! 

It's systemic.  This is what the Big Ten wants.  It's been this way for years. 

How can Wiscy win the Big Ten over and over again while sucking @$$ in noncon and in the tourney outside a few years...?

Just now, jbell833 said:

Still cannot get over TJD’s final drive and the bump he took with no call. That’s a foul 10 times out of 10 on the other end. I seriously don’t know why I’m surprised though.

I still cannot get over that late foul on Leal.

Refs were obviously brutal but that doesn’t change the fact that the Hoosiers had numerous chances to win this game and failed to do so. Can’t do that against an experienced team where pretty much everyone can legally rent a car. Inability to finish the game bit us in the @$$ today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Had our chances. That’s what you want on the road. But as someone pointed out the other day upsets are happening in the BT and we need to find a way of finishing a game like this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners