Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU MVP vs Maryland

Trayce and Race are the obvious choices. 

I'm gonna go a different route. 

Hunter, Leal, Phinisee

Once Franklin went out, they stepped up. They didn't get us 15 points like Franklin probably would of but they played pretty well in general I believe. Hunter made those two mistakes on fouls but did answer after both. Leal didn't fill the stat sheet by any means but I thought he played good defense and the offense followed well and the ball moved where it needed to. Phinisee played a strong game and had to play 31 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Trayce and Race are the obvious choices. 

I'm gonna go a different route. 

Hunter, Leal, Phinisee

Once Franklin went out, they stepped up. They didn't get us 15 points like Franklin probably would of but they played pretty well in general I believe. Hunter made those two mistakes on fouls but did answer after both. Leal didn't fill the stat sheet by any means but I thought he played good defense and the offense followed well and the ball moved where it needed to. Phinisee played a strong game and had to play 31 minutes. 

I'll agree with that.  Definitely some honorable recognition needed.

Race kept the game within reach the 1st half.

The three mentioned above filled in the gaps, provided decent perimeter defense (- Hunter), and fed the ball as instructed to TJD in the 2nd half.

TJD just closed out the game like a boss.

I’d echo the above about 1st/2nd half MVP. Trayce could win this every single game even with some of his lesser performances. If I had to lean one way I’d give it to Race for getting going when nobody else was doing anything. In the 2nd half, Trayce dominated some stretches but other players were stepping up hitting shots too.

I can’t give it to Hunter because of his mistakes on defense that led to several open shots and FTs at bad times. I did like that he actually made some threes, although he shouldn’t have been taking that shot at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My vote is RACE.... agree with everyone above that it was a team effort, and TJD sealed the deal for us like the best player on a team should do!!! But without Race in the 1st half this one could have gotten away from us..... there were multiple times I was yelling at the TV to Hockey Line Change everybody but Race!