Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MemphisHoosier

2021 5th Yr/Sr Decisions

WR Whop Philyor to the NFL Draft
971428664_ScreenShot2021-01-09at1_57_02PM.thumb.png.02f46749c2c772657cd50aa5b38634f0.pngr

Tough but obviously wish all the best to Whop. Has been a real solid player the last few years and I’m sure he’ll do the same in the league. Hoosiers will be alright at WR.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Congrats and best wishes to Whop! I thought Fry would have gone and Whop stay. However, I am glad one of them stayed because while we will have a talented receiving corp, they are still fairly new to a lot of playing time. Having Fryfogle coming back helps out a bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Swann is not an NFL prospect. At best he’s a fringe non-drafted free agent but I guess he didn’t see any value in coming back. I would have thought another year with this staff may make him a late round draft pick. Good luck to him!

In all fairness, I believe this season was his 5th year of college (four at Stanford, one at IU.) So he may be 'ready' to start the next chapter of his life - NFL or not.  I am glad we had an opportunity to have the young man in Bloomington, and wish him nothing but the best moving forward in his future endeavors.  

https://gostanford.com/sports/football/roster/jovan-swann/16090

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Wish Whop the best. Don't think him leaving hurts us a ton. He was pretty disappointing the last couple seasons. This season he was dropping passes and scared of any contact at all. Seemed to lose the ball a lot when he did get hit. 

One well-wish and four sentences trashing him.

Not unexpected.

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

DL Jerome Johnson to the NFL Draft

image.thumb.png.44789eed63486228e4b6c0deef058b82.png

Best of luck Jerome! Hopefully he can do big things in the league. Sad to see him go but this was the most obvious of our guys entering into the draft. I think Elliott and Sio will make strides this offseason and I expect D Lewis and others to be right with them. 

Nothing but best wishes to all the guys moving on. They helped bring our program to the next level. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for their efforts and accomplishments.

For the guys who have chosen to further extend their career at IU, it is AWESOME! I am looking forward to returning to the stadium and watch you in person. LEO

Stevie Scott gone. Thanks Mike Hart. This is a huge loss. I get kids who have played 4/5 years and don’t want the extra year of eligibility but non NFL guys leaving early for a draft they won’t actually participate in, is frustrating to say the least. 

Stevie Scott gone. Thanks Mike Hart. This is a huge loss. I get kids who have played 4/5 years and don’t want the extra year of eligibility but non NFL guys leaving early for a draft they won’t actually participate in, is frustrating to say the least. 
Gives james a chance to reach his potential

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Who even knows where his head is at? I would probably be more surprised to see him next year than not. 

Agreed. He was really close to Hart. Reminds me a lot of the Sampson James episode last year when he entered the transfer portal after Ballou left for Bama. Hopefully cooler heads prevail again.

Just now, johnsoniu said:

Agreed. He was really close to Hart. Reminds me a lot of the Sampson James episode last year when he entered the transfer portal after Ballou left for Bama. Hopefully cooler heads prevail again.

I just hate seeing guys leave eligibility on the table, especially with all the buzz around our program going into next year. Stevie needs another year with the S&C coach if he wants to work his way into a bonefide draft pick. Not too many NFL GM’s looking for a guy who runs a 4.8 40 who hasn’t shown any ability to catch the ball out of the backfield yet...which is another thing our staff could work to showcase next season. I’ve also said this before in the past, it’s not a good look for our program to continually have guys leave early for the draft and go undrafted. Other staffs use that against us in recruiting battles. Unfortunately, I don’t see Stevie changing his mind unless Hart specifically does it for him and he doesn’t want this smoke next year when we play Michigan. 

2 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Stevie Scott has peaked as a college RB. He’s not that fast but he’s a bulldozer. He won’t get drafted regardless of which draft he declares for. He’s playing for a undrafted FA spot.

I hate to say it, but the shelf life on RB's is far too short.  I don't begrudge Scott for leaving unpaid eligibility on the table.  With that said, I wonder if the incoming RB Coach will look into the transfer market?  James, Baldwin, and Ellis make a nice core, but I would love to add another experienced rusher to the room.

48 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Stevie Scott has peaked as a college RB. He’s not that fast but he’s a bulldozer. He won’t get drafted regardless of which draft he declares for. He’s playing for a undrafted FA spot.

So get a degree before you exit.