Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

Names on Jersey

I know this gets brought up every year and it bothers some of you, but I think it’s time we put the names on the back of our jerseys. Times are changing and we are not . I’m not against tradition. I am appreciative of all the games I’ve watched over the last 40 years. We haven’t been Elite for several years now. Why not spruce up the uniforms a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The only tradition I care about is winning. I don’t care about names on jerseys or candy stripe warmups. Just win. If kids want their names on their Uniforms then put the names on. Just win and recruit. 

The only tradition I care about is winning. I don’t care about names on jerseys or candy stripe warmups. Just win. If kids want their names on their Uniforms then put the names on. Just win and recruit. 

I agree just win, and recruiting is a big part of that. I wouldn’t solely pick a school based on it, but If I had the choice, I would want my name on the back of mine.

I really don't care one way or the other, but do people actually believe putting names on the back of the jersey will eventually make IU better? I'm not saying the OP believes it or not, I just don't understand how stuff like names, drop ceilings or even having the traditional stuff helps. I certainly wouldn't choose a team because my name is on the back or there are drop ceilings.
But as I said, I don't care either way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I really don't care one way or the other, but do people actually believe putting names on the back of the jersey will eventually make IU better? I'm not saying the OP believes it or not, I just don't understand how stuff like names, drop ceilings or even having the traditional stuff helps. I certainly wouldn't choose a team because my name is on the back or there are drop ceilings.

I don't think people feel it'd make us better. But the "tradition" talk isn't relevant anymore. Tradition at this point is being mediocre at best and missing the NCAA tourney. So why not make changes? Kind of push yourself forward in the lenses of viewers that your entering into a new era. 

I know this gets brought up every year and it bothers some of you, but I think it’s time we put the names on the back of our jerseys. Times are changing and we are not . I’m not against tradition. I am appreciative of all the games I’ve watched over the last 40 years. We haven’t been Elite for several years now. Why not spruce up the uniforms a bit?

I’ve said this and jersey change 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Only if it helps get recruits. Maybe some kids don’t want to dress like a clown with candy stripes. I have my own pair of candy stripes but I know some thing they are stupid and ugly. Get with the times and be stylish. Jordan brand is a thing for a reason. 

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Only if it helps get recruits. Maybe some kids don’t want to dress like a clown with candy stripes. I have my own pair of candy stripes but I know some thing they are stupid and ugly. Get with the times and be stylish. Jordan brand is a thing for a reason. 

I wish we would have left Adidas. No one cares to wear Adidas. Kids want to wear Nike and ugly Jordans. But I were Indiana, I'd go with Puma.

Can you imagine the outrage if they got rid of the Candy Stripes? I don't want it to happen, but I would think if players were basing their decision in part because of clothing, I would bet they would want to the Stripes gone instead of adding names.

I live in Illinois. Illini fans hate the Stripes and give me grief because I wear mine every game

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Can you imagine the outrage if they got rid of the Candy Stripes? I don't want it to happen, but I would think if players were basing their decision in part because of clothing, I would bet they would want to the Stripes gone instead of adding names.

I live in Illinois. Illini fans hate the Stripes and give me grief because I wear mine every game

I think people outside of the IU fan base think they are outdated or dumb. Kids do pay attention to gear. When Michigan football became the first football program to have Jumpman uniforms the recruits were buzzing about it. 

Respect the past but a program must stay relevant in all aspects to appeal to recruits. That means winning, developing, and having some style. Don’t have a weakness in the program should always be the goal. 

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

You bring up drop ceilings over and over and over

Tradition is important despite kids not knowing much of our history or true traditions. Keep the names off, keep the candy stripes, it was bad enough that our jeresey's were changed in the recent years to look even slightly more modern. 

Until we start winning again do they even deserve names on the back? lol 

4 hours ago, Treesh said:

Tradition is important despite kids not knowing much of our history or true traditions. Keep the names off, keep the candy stripes, it was bad enough that our jeresey's were changed in the recent years to look even slightly more modern. 

Until we start winning again do they even deserve names on the back? lol 

Only tradition we have anymore is being mediocre. 

35 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Only tradition we have anymore is being mediocre. 

You keep saying this and it continues to make no sense. I get that your world is crashing down because we’re average but good lord man. Reading your unoriginal recycled twitter takes is beyond tiresome. Congratulations on commandeering this board for the 3rd time on your 3rd different username. You’re a true pirate. 

Argh.